Friday, April 18, 2008

Finally Friday

But yet... Friday we still wait. And Friday becomes a day like any other day, until my Rebel has her life back.

She is healing once again from another drained abscess. The transplant coordinator is bugging the hell out of her and Rebel told her she really didn't need to see her every day because she keeps bringing negative news.

The charge nurse, who was the enemy, ha now become the chief ally. How that turn around came about, I'm damned if I know but a strong ally helps the girl. In spite of some pain where the drainage hole is healing she is doing her physio and doing the best she can keeping her fluids up so get strong.

The BF - while devoted - can be a RAMB-in-training! 'I'll be there at 3' he promises and at 6:30 the girl is still waiting for him to bring supper. At which point, I take back control and tell her I will head to the cafeteria and find her food, given the BF's inability to say one thing and mean it. It's frustrating for the girl. And words need to be had with this nearly 30 yr old man who for the most part, behaves as if he is a pimply 14 year old dorky adolescent. Inexcusable really. The Rebel plays him like a good celtic fiddle reeling him around. Good on her I say! The BF will not know what hit him when the Rebel has her heart and life back and is ready to move on with life. She will be a force. And I pray then after all the rest of it, that he doesn't hurt her too badly. She is much better than he is. And he is NOT good enough. But I step back from this one, and allow her dreams of wedding dresses and pretty shoes since it helps her get through the day.

The SU - was invited to - of all things - a toga party tonight. The 30 year old engaged and living together singletons are throwing a toga party to celebrate birthdays this evening. I will be curious to see which sheets he takes. He's a rather greying hirsute man with skinny legs and of course, older than the average 30 yr old, so as usual, he may not don the theme of the night attire and will show up in his regular jeans and t shirt slinging his folk guitar. It's also his regular hockey night, and it is a very rare occasion that he misses this unless he is sick or in pain of some sort.
Maybe I am missing something but aren't toga parties what you do when you are 19 and living in a dorm? Are toga parties something that working people of certain age do? Me? I would host something a little more upscale - call it Feast of Ancient Rome party... costumes of the day required: centurions, senators, roman royalty all invited. But Toga party does imply a certain debauchery doesn't it? A la Animal House. So SU may go and feel the need to be 25 again and show up at home Saturday around 7 AM .

A great example for the RebelTweeny isn't it.

4 comments:

Rudy said...

gah! Fine examples of manhood around your place there M.

SU just needs to grow the feck up. and yes, I think toga parties are juvenile. (as well as other things)

Was the BF bleeding and in the ER? Did he ever show up with anything more than a lame excuse? I doubt he was held over at work. LMAO

What is the transplant coordinator's problem? Didn't she attend the meeting last week?

{hugs} and +prayers+

Anonymous said...

I think that Rebel will run the BF over, back up and run him over again once she gets her new heart and is back to her normal self. I just hope you are there with a video camera when it happens. heh!

As for that idiot SU. GAH! Grow the HELL up, man. Seriously.

I am happy to see that Rebel continues to stick up for herself and not take crap even from the coordinator. She shouldn't have to and I am glad she gets that. Hug her for me, please.

love, hugs and always prayers.
~ b

Anonymous said...

funny Rudy - Rebel said same thing about coordinator... "hello... we had a meeting. Didn't she hear a fecking thing?" LOL I expect as people will.... that the meeting was intended for everyone but her. you know the type.

Shall see if the SU goes to the toga party.. I need Lily's voting machine..
Will he go?
Yes
No
four cans of beer sitting on the basement stairs from the St Patty's party he missed tells me is going.
Marie

Anonymous said...

too bad that he just doesn't keep going....on, away, far, far away.

Jerk, no I like the word DORK!!!

as for BF, now is the appropriate time to blast him....yep, step up and blast him....this kid is fighting for her life, not some tartelette sitting in a bar all gooey eyed....

Respect her or hit the bricks, double dork.....DORKS.......

GAH,

can you tell I haven't had my Saturday coffee yet...hehehehe,

SU, get out!!

BF, get out!!!

oh, just in case you didn't know, it's me
Lily