Thursday, August 31, 2006

Okay... what MORE is gonna come at me!

So it's not enough that this marriage thing is a bit of a disaster at the moment. She the rebel child turned adult- and quite immature - has decided it's time to leave home and move a 1000 miles away. Sigh.... Not just move a thousand miles away, but take a friend along, tell half truths about her plans and engage the friend in her stories, and expects her family to be happy about it and bless her little misdaventure.

Her friend's parents think it's a "wonderful adventure." We're talking two girls, both 18, neither finished high school, no jobs going out to Alberta, land of milk and honey, vacancy rate of less than 1% and your average 14oo sq ft bungalow running to over 450,000 on a slow day! LOTS of jobs for unskilled labour... of which she is one. And what job does she pick? The one owned by Tyson - a huge meat packing plant - in a town an hour outside the city.

The spousal unit - her father - seems to be running on Denial. Not a lot has happend on this front. It's seriously depressing.

Using my super research skills I managed to get a whole lot of information out of the company including the fact that no.... rebel girl does NOT have job, nooooo they do not "give away" rent money... and yes indeed she will have to pay it aaaaaallll back. oh and rents start not at $850 all inclusive, but over 1K!! nothing inclusive because... we can!

It's soooo bad at this plant that two people I know... one family, the other friend, both men, have said... that's no effing place for a girl that young, I'll hire her to build houses on my sites, and the other said, I know two guys who will teach her how to drive rock trucks... don't go to the meat packing plant.

And as I pass this all along to the spouse, because said rebel daughter believes I expect her to be a failure in life, his pathetic attempts to talk sense to the girl... have not gone well. As he sat on the couch with his scotch in hand... as she swore at me..

That and a few tense days at the office where my manager has figured out that one of my key suppliers has been systematically over charging me. Great... it would appear that NOTHING is working the way it is supposed to.
And the one close friend who kept me from going completely mad is soooooo wrapped up in his materialistic possessions - he can't see beyond the bike and the boots - is not available for hugs talks and email conversations..... gawd I miss him....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH! I am so sorry that she has decided that now is the time to prove whatever it is shes attempting to prove. Not that there is a good time for this, but there could at least be a better time, eh?

I will keep her in my prayers. Sigh! Kids! OY!

I know what you mean about the whole "missing him" thing. Sucks. HUGE! I hate it just as I know you do.

Love ya girlie.
~ skupper

MarieA said...

so glad you came by. She's safe and okay for now. Hope she finds a job and more important... somewhere to live... rentals right now...scarecer than scarce... and I need to stop obsessing... more on that... next post.... when I have time... and solitude....
thanks...
chat soon.
m aka you know who ;-)