Friday, October 24, 2008

And so it went.

The mediator called me at my office and we had our "pre-meeting" earlier this week.

Mediator - Have you looked at our website and do you have any questions for me about the process?

Me - No, I don't. I am good at doing research and I like to know things, so I have a bunch of stuff from the library on mediation, and I have read your website as well as the books I found.

Mediator - Do you need to know about me personally? Or do you want to know about my background?

Me - No - I've checked you out. You were not my first choice so I checked you out thoroughly when the SU rejected my first choice. I know enough. you'll do - even though you are more expensive and not as available as the guy I chose.

She asked some questions about the current state of affairs. I informed her. More about Rebel as well as Rebel Junior AND the SU.

NOTE - so we went through my history - I almost gave her the blog address as I figured it would be easier to let her read and learn it all. But then I remembered - oy yeah.. she's a lawyer mediator - she'll charge us as she reads. As the Rebel says *EFF that!*

Mediator - What can I do to support you through this process?

Me - hmmmm at this point. I really don't know. But when I do, I will tell you.

Mediator - Do either of you have family in town?

Me - No, but I do have good friends and expect to rely on them through this process. I will be fine.

Mediator - If at any time you are not *fine* you need to tell me and I will help you and SU figure out how best to make your moves.

Moving along - do you think SU will be interested in spousal support?

NOTE - at that point I spewed my coffee.

Me - Spousal Support??! AS IF!!!
We each have jobs with good salaries. There is no need.

NOTE - And so it went. From my end of it - she hadn't spoken to the SU as yet - she figures we're pretty straight forward and if we don't fight over custody child support and financial stuff too too much - she figures it shouldn't take too long to get to an agreement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

{well how was that nice? I was in the middle of a comment and blogger freaking reset the comment box. WTF?}

I spewed when I read about SU wanting spousal support. That being said, I would not be surprised if he did.

I love how you let her know that while you feel she will do she is not your choice and you do not find it amusing that she is more difficult to schedule with to say nothing of being more expensive. Awesome.

hang in there.
love and *hugs*,
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

ey,yi, ie.....

gah, what happend to the good old days of,

I divorce thee,
I divorce thee,
I divorce thee,

oh, wrong religon! JUST KIDDING!!

still it would be easier!

LOL

yup, it's me

Lily

OMG, word ver mastedru!!!

Calories and Coffee said...

Sounds pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Heh, you will do and I already checked you out. schweet!

It is so awesome you are on top of things.

you go grrl!

~rud-E

my word ver is sactal
heh!