Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Male Dominated Stupid.


Had words with the SU about our mediation dates. Of course he had to raise it while the RebelJunior was in the room with us. Nothing like speaking in code at 7:30 on a Monday morning. The dates were postponed because the mediator's husband was going through some medical procedure on the date that was originally booked. "When are you going to ensure the meeting with Lorraine is kept?" he bellowed at me. I rolled my eyes and didn't buy into his bellowing at all.

The home calendar had a bunch of things listed on it ensuring that I would not be available which was his reason for the bellow. One of the notes concerned an invitation to an event at the hospital where Rebel had her transplant. Rebel wants to attend and wants me with her. The SU has said that I am dragging my feet on the mediation. In fact it was out of my control that the mediator had to change dates and that her new dates didn't fit my schedule. I have given up enough work time this past year and I am not willing to give up more work time because he - SU wants what he wants. As I am saying this my middle aged addled brain had forgotten that I had already agreed to conflicting date and time.

Rebel will go to the hospital event with a good friend who is willing to take her and be supportive while I go spend three hours attempting to negotiate what I want and get the SU to leave the house. At this point if I go and ask for yet another change I can pretty much write the nasty gram that would ensue from the SU's lawyer and save myself the $200 in fees for the Barracuda to write something equally nasty back.

Having said all this, seeing how Rebel Junior has been behaving lately, (did you read yesterday's blog) family counselling is going to be a must. It strikes me that at her age - 14 15 16 - is when things hit the breakpoint. If she is already a recreational drinker ( and gads I hope she isn't) any sort of family trauma could turn her into a crazy ass stupid teen binger. Something that terrifies me but doesn't seem to worry the jackass SU at all.

So I am now riding a stationary bike (fat burning cycle) to nowhere and whining that all the tvs at the gym are turned to male dominated stupid stations. That, plus a pilates class or two and a little single malt will get me through the days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie,

I think counseling for RJ is an excellent idea IF you can find her someone she feels comfortable opening up with. Family counseling certainly can't hurt at this point or as you all continue to work through things.

It is unfortunate that you can't attend the function with Rebel. Thankfully she will attend with a good friend by her side. On the plus side by working on the mediating you will be a step closer to getting him out of the house and out of your vision.

As far as the RJ drinking. GAH! And SU's 'tude about it. Oh Dear Lord! He has a screw or two loose, yes?

Hugs to you girlfriend. Take care of yourself.

~ blondie

Rudy said...

Yeah, I forgot to mention in my reply for yesterday's post that you should definitely make "co-parenting" counseling part of the agreement whether or not you can get everyone on board with the family counseling. Sucks on the "co-" part but that dude seriously needs to get on the same page for finishing raising RJ.

Do you have an iPod? take that with you and watch your own stuff. Or tell the staff at the gym that some of the tv's need to be tuned differently or they will lose their female clientele. Hit 'em in the wallet, works every time.

And just for good measure, rub SU's nose in the fact that you are keeping the rescheduled appointment even though you had to cancel on #1 daughter.