Thursday, October 05, 2006

13 things I WANT on Thursday!

I saw a counsellor yesterday as advised by my MD.  She told me that I had a couple of things to work on based on what she heard. 
My greatest strength and my greatest weakness is that I am loyal to those who are close to me... friends, partner, colleagues.  It works for me most times, but it has clearly worked against me lately on too many fronts concerning men.
 
She asked me to think about what I want, rather than trying to be nice, and fix things for everyone else and worrying about what anyone else wants.
 
What do I want?  Well... here are 13 things to start with.
 
1.  I want a partner/husband who thinks about me, instead of about himself when it comes time to do anything at home.
2.  I want flowers.  Real ones, lots of them, frequently.  And none of that silk or plastic ( I mean really!) shit either!
3.  I want to go out to restaurants where you get dressed up, where children are frowned upon -  I am tired of going to bars to hear the same old same old celtic music played by children whose parents are my age!
4..  I want to go to foreign movies with my partner not to animated movies and teen crap always with my children.
5.  I want my friends, our neighbours, and my colleagues to be at the very least treated with respected when they are in the presence of the spouse.
6 I want my children to treat their mother with respect and to listen when she speaks.
7.  I want the children's father to support thier mother in decision making and no rude remarks made about mother's decision within ear shot.
8. I want all the renovation projects in the house  finalized before anything new is started.
9. I want my freakin computer fixed.  ( might explain the blogger problem here... or perhaps not)
10.  I want to have dinner parties at least once every couple of months with my contemporaries and not "the kids"  See point 3.
11. I would like to have a savings account that reflects the two income family that we are supposed to be.
12.  I would like the "man of house" to lock the damn doors every night instead of waiting to be asked if it's done.  What's with that?  You're last up, check the security zones man!  
13.  I want a Mustang GT  the 24 valve, big engine job... really... I want the new Shelby.... but the GT will suffice.   I believe I am about to star in my own midlife crisis....
 
She crosses her arms, nods her heads, and says... "yeah!  take THAT! 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic list. Everyone should have a list of "I want what I want".

My T-13:

Thursday Thirteen.....
.....reasons why I can not be on Survivor.

1. bugs. they have bugs there. lots of bugs. i don't do bugs.
2. theres no coffee. i love my coffee. i need my coffee.
3. stupid people. there are way too many stupid people on survivor.
4. dominos doesn't deliver there. (yes, i know the location changes, domino still doesn't deliver there)
5. no matter what colour they make those buffs, they are still ugly.
6. exile island. if i wanna spend time alone i can do so in the comfort of my home, not on some island. alone. with bugs.
7. no electronics. cell phone. iPod. laptop. you know, the essentials.
8. Jeff Probst. For starters, I would have to point out to him that he is NOT "tallying" the votes when he goes to get the container.
9. i hate mean, vindictive, calculating people.
10. i am not a pyro and no one else seems to know how to start a fire either.
11. body odor. need i say more? (theirs, not mine. I always smell pretty. hehheh)
12. no beds. i am way too old to be sleeping on the ground. or on sticks and ginormous leaves on the ground.
13. someone ALWAYS gets hurt. seriously.


Did ya notice the time I am posting this? I actually have my T-13 up early today. Early for me, not early for anyone else. LOL!

*hugs*
skupper