Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanks giving on a beautiful sunny October Long Weekend

I stayed at a friend's last night. She had another friend over who was going though a marital crisis too. Although I guess I am past the crisis mode. We drank a lot of wine and I couldn't drive back into the city.

The comment in yesterday's blog is something my counsellor told me too. I care too much and I try to fix. Dear friend said the same.

Sigh...

She also told me that he who had been my friend was really a diversion keeping me from what I had to do and decide. I suspect that too is accurate.

The rebel daughter returned. She couldn't find a place to live. I should have stayed home yesterday but I needed my time to process the news of male friend. Well... we will have to change how the rebel lives at home. She came, she saw and left and didn't come home last night. I cannot continue living the way it was before she left. And the spouse her father is going to have come on board with me for the time remaining in this relationship of ours.

Clearly many things need fixing here.

Yet... it is Thanksgiving Day I have a healthy family. We are living in the best place in the world. I am told I am a vibrant woman who should have a wonderful life. I am truly thankful for what I have. My "true" friends are indeed "true" yet they are not backing away from telling me the truth and getting me to "buck up!"

Thanks be given to all of you who read, support and are my "true" pals. I love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sweetie.

I am here. I am not going anywhere. You know you have my support.

love and hugs,

skupper