Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Flummoxing Routine.

Yes it has been a few days. I've been seriously overworked at work - a ton to do - not enough time to do it. When I get home around 7 ish... I am positively wiped out. Of course, the SU is around but we're not a team so I don't have a supper waiting for me. My girls apparently don't eat or SU doesn't try to make meals for them, so I grab a bite of whatever is around, talk to Rebel Junior if she's locked onto the computer and try and get a few words out of her.

Rebel went and got herself a second dog. Or the BF did. He snuck it into the house. It's a teeny tiny 6 week old puppy- half dachshund half jack russell. The older dog- all 7 pounds of flufffy insecurity on a good day is flummoxed. (If a dog can be flummoxed) He's totally afraid of this puppy, has no interest in playing with said puppy - has nipped at him more than once and usually runs away and tries to get away from said puppy. It hasn't been pretty.

I tore a strip off the BF and then did something somewhat gentler with the Rebel. I mean seriously - we have this one skittish dog who was insecure for most of his life and they thought a friend would help him. The 7 pound wonder doesn't know how to be an alpha and now puppy is making him very unhappy.

A friend is in from out of town for a day long seminar tomorrow. We found out we were both going to same seminar. So it looks like I may join her at Camp Westin for a PJ party downtown tonight, and we can get to the seminar together in the morning. That should prove to be a lot of fun. Said friend is Rebel's godmother and we've been friends for over 20 years now. Nothing like Camp Westin to break up the routine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another dog? WHAT were either of them thinking? GAH!

I hope you have a great time @ Camp Westin!

love and hugs,

Anonymous said...

gah, they can't take care of themselves without living at one parent or the others and they are taking on another dog?

Have fun with your friend. A night away from home will be good. good food, good wine, good friends.

~R

Lily on the Road said...

Are they living with you????