Monday, May 11, 2009

CAReening. Control. Completion.


Rebel Junior celebrated her 16th birthday last week. Rebel the older passed her driver's test so celebrations abounded around the Spousal Ennuie abode.

I caught RJ and her friends with a bottle of vodka being immersed into the freezies.. or being mixed with energy drinks - NOT a good thing.

She was not happy that I was hanging around. As per usual - SU didn't seem to want to interfere. The kids all slept over - didn't want to go home intoxicated I believe. RJ was completely ticked that I "DARED" to say anything to any of the kids. I told her after the fact... NEVER again.

She also skipped class on her birthday. In her father's school. That's chutzpah. SU took away the laptop and told her it was gone for a month. But that doesn't mean her time on the household computer is limited. Not sure what else he intends to do about this.

Rebel took my car on Friday during the day - I allowed that. When I got home from work she wasn't around. She took my car to the BF's new place for a sleep over. I was NOT happy. SU said he needed his car early Saturday morning so he suggested she take mine. She didn't call and ask permission first. I told SU he doesn't have the right to allow either daughter to do anything without checking with me first - particularly the use of my vehicle. She didn't show up at home til mid afternoon Saturday and I ended up not getting any of my errands done because of this. I told her no car this week. At all. Rebel is now back in full force and had a few choice words for me. I told her she had a lot of nerve trying to pin her use of my car as an entitlement issue as it certainly wasn't one. She was not happy. WhatEvEr!

Consequently, Mother's Day was a pretty standard day around the house. Girls continued to not do much except give me a card after supper. SU, I don't think, even bothered trying to talk to his mother who is in a long term care facility.

Today is mediation day again. I will be hashing out the issues the Barracuda raised a couple of weeks ago and hope it can get finalized to the satisfaction of both our lawyers. I am tired enough of the too-ing and fro-ing that I want it done. Finished. Complete.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Grief you have had an eventful weekend and not in a good way.

I guess you will have to do a booze search when RJ brings friends to the house from here on in. And lock up your own booze. Zero tolerance.

He absolutely should not be giving her permission to take your car, period. She should know better than to just take it without YOUR permission. Good that you told her what she could do with her little entitlement fit. brat.

I am sorry that your girls did not treat you well on Mother's Day. *hugs*

I hope that your mediation today gets things tied up. Finished. Completed.

love ya.
*hugs*
~ b

Anonymous said...

totally squash the entitlement. that is a privilege that is earned. In my house it would have gone... you are entitled to any car that you purchase, you insure and you maintain. THAT car is mine and the next time I don't find it where I left it I will call the cops and suggest where they can start looking for it. GTA will be more than a playstation game for bf.

It must be hard for SU to walk with balls that big. Suggesting he take you car! That car is tied up in mediation, and as much as he might like to think, it isn't his.

I hope all goes well today and the final signatures can be put on the papers.

~R

Lily on the Road said...

Holy WTF, I can't believe what is (still) going on. Disrespect abounds...

GAH and it starts at the Top, i can hardly wait until he is GONE and you have a sort of normal existence!!!

Rudy, you made me spew my hot water with the "It must be hard for SU to walk with balls that big." comment...