Monday, August 17, 2009

Gotta love it all

Stay tuned. This blogger has been just a tad occupied with things around the home front.
I'll be back shortly with a little of this and a little of that.

The XSU moved out over three weeks ago - he has no phone and no computer so the girls can't reach him and he has to find a way to talk to them. Apparently he's been hitting up phone booths.
"It's very frustrating not having a phone and the phone company has not been good about the service" he says. And I have been having great pleasure in saying "no - he doesn't leave here any more. His phone number? Sorry I don't have that."
The daughter tells him - get a cell phone it would be hooked up in a minute. But he hasn't and probably won't.

Our exchange student has arrived. Her English is very good. We went to the lake today - she has only ever been in the ocean so this was very different for her! A bunch of my friends were there - it was a mother daughter good time. Even the dog came. He can do the dog paddle, but wasn't happy in the water at all.

I went out and bought a whole new living room. New love seat, chair, lamp nesting tables and area rug. Now THAT was fun. I think I will have to create a whole series of before and after photos. Except the before doesn't show the ugly furniture I had that XSU took. I am really gonna be happy with the new stuff. I am so not good on choosing colours and designs so I used the designer at the store where I liked the couches and chairs. She came to the house and gave me some good ideas on how to spruce up the kitchen as well. But that's on hold til EVERything else is done.

I have started getting the main floor ready to paint - my colours - my way. The basement is being demolished. The fecking eejits who did the original rec room put the vapour barrier against the cement wall THEN put in the insulation and then wall board. So I now have to take that all down and start from the studs and work up the insulation and new vapour barrier. Never mind the plastic they used was about as thick as Saran Wrap.

Gotta love the renos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I loved (at first anyway) getting calls for Pampered Chef and saying she don't live here any more. Then I just canceled that number (we had two). I gave up on being the final delivery for mail too after a while. Although that last step from my house to hers was VERY slow LMAO

Cool beans on the new furniture! I can't wait to see picks of the new paint and furnishings.

~R

Anonymous said...

How fun. I remember how empowered I felt when I ordered up my new livingroom furniture to go in the empty livingroom. One would think that it was empty cuz the X took what had been there but not so much. He never wanted to help figure out what should go in there so we had a 16 year old sofa and an end table with a butt-ugly lamp. bwahaha! Now I have a most comfortable sofa and chaise.

Rudy and I decorated his newly painted and tiled front bath this past week. That was equally fun.

Can't wait to see photos of the new furniture as well as the renos as they happen. You have a wealth of wordless Wednesday's right at your fingertips.

*hugs*
~ b

Lily on the Road said...

Awesome, so glad that you're "doing it your way".

I've heard that if you get your kitchen in order first it just makes you feel so much better. The basement can wait a little, I vote for the kitchen reno first!!!

He is such a jackhole, gah, NO PHONE, what is he in the 1800's????

MarieA said...

doing the basement first because it's the ugliest. seriously. Kitchen needs "a little sprucing up" Basement - needed to be gutted.

The guys who are working are amazing. They finished for the day and the place was spotless - not a nail or piece of wood or insulation lying anywhere on the floor. I got me some good guys! (-:
and they're both kinda cute too.