Thursday, January 04, 2007

13 things I find weird!



1. Environmental Weirdness
I was outside today without a hat, without mitts and without boots. My jacaket was not done up! I haven't taken the fur coat out of its protective wrap yet this year. It's January 4 - IN FREAKIN CANADA!!!! - and this is not right! As much as I can't stand the cold the wind and blizzard conditions - this just isn't right. Someone remind of this when it hits and I am whining about not like the spring like conditions. Global warming is most definitely here and now.

2. Spousal Weirdness.
Read something today... damned if I can find it again! Having never had happiness from those who should love you first and most.... a man will spend the rest of his life searching for it. HMMM this strikes a chord on many fronts.

3. Work Weirdness
Why is it that those who really could use the help of the subject experts don't want to believe what they are told - based on experience. Why is there ALWAYS the need to put one's personal stamp whether a stamp is needed or not?

4. Relationship Weirdness
Why is it the first thing one usually hears from those new into dedicated relationships is "well he/she does something, wears something, eats something, behaves somehow - and it's not what I LIKE, so I am gonna change that. (yeah.... good luck with that!)

5. Telephone weirdness
What does every person under the age of 25 like to use their phone to send email?

6. TV weirdness
What's with Nancy Grace? My guilty pleasure... DOG! I MUST have a DOG t-shirt to wear at the gym... ALOOOOOHAAAA!

7. Therapy Weirdness
Well... therapy *is* just plain weird. I am paying someone $130 an hour ( thank you health plan!!!!) to ask ME " so... why do you think that? What would you rather do? how does that make you feel?"

8. Reading Weirdness
Why do I HAVE to read every book I start, even if I sometimes read the ending because the characters drive me mad or it's soooooo BOOOOOO-RING!?

9. Relationship Weirdness part two the mid life crisis
Is it *always* the it's not you .,... it's me..... I love you but I am not IN LOVE with you.... ? WHERE does that come from? I've yet to figure this one out... ( oh yeah... see point 7 again!)

10. Vegetable weirdness
What is the point of brussel sprouts and lima beans? I mean how vile can you get? Does it mean anything that said spousal unit likes both????

11. Relationship Weirdness - part 3 men women friendships
Do all male type people - in the end -really don't want women as friends, but as lovers? That seems to be the common theme with MOST of my women friends. Are there men ANYWHERE that can really *just be friends* and mean it??? I sure damn hope so! I believe so!

12. Newspaper weirdness
What is it with people who read newspapers from back to front, take all the sections apart and then leave it scattered on couches and tables - usually before those who want to read it front to back and perfect order get their hands on it?

13.. Blog weirdness
What's with all us strange types who write this stuff, put it out there and wonder who in heaven's name is reading it? Why do we do it? Why do you like to read it? just asking.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi girlie.

I love your list. You touch on questions I have had as well.

You know how I feel about that whole "men and women being friends" shit. {can I say "shit" on your blog?} I have covered it on my own blog. I am not buying that they can, as much as I would love for it to be true. I am losing way too many friends due to new relationships {theirs, not mine}. At this rate I am going to be out of male friends very soon.

*hugs*

blondie {still me with a new name}