Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday Five.


Spent the hour with my counsellor yesterday talking about why I shredded forms, and why I am not rushing into doing anything.

Man it hurt!

It was painful! But it is healing as well. Understanding who we are and why we do what we do and why we feel the way we do about those closest to us is critical from a learning perspective. ( Why do I choose men who are distant?)

I didn't write a Thursday Thirteen so I will make up for this with a Friday Five - Be grateful it could have been Fifteen!

1. Rejection. His rejection of me - of our life together is keeping me from moving forward No doubt this is somewhat about ego, about who I thought he was, seeing myself as a certain kind of person. No one lives to be rejected.
2. Hurt. See number 1
3. Distance. His inability to be close, to communicate has created huge barriers
4. Quitting. I am not a quitter. Is this quitting? Or giving up? No it's not. Life is not a game.
5. "It's not you - it's me." They all say it. And ya know. He is right! He is damaged, distant, emotionally detached, and singular. It's sad really. So how do I now keep that in mind and have it help me deal with point! We've come full circle.

BONUS :
Patricia Wall
Trish is not my counsellor. I heard her speak earlier this week at Breakfast meeting.
I am intrigued with her work. Her work and ability to help people change - physically, mentally - A fascinating approach to getting your life into new patterns or new modalities.

No comments: