Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back to Reality!

I arrived home to a clean house. That's a first. SU has taken it upon himself to keep the kitchen clean these days. Since I've boycotted that responsibility he sighs, shrugs, and mutters as he cleans up after his two daughters.

I feel no sympathy and have no desire to pitch in. He caused this. Instead of reinforcing me when I wanted the girls to help tidy up, he was part of the problem leaving his mess right along theirs. It's payback time!

He's kind of weird too. I have a dishwasher and he refuses to use it. So he stands at the sink sighing and muttering and washing and drying by hand. He gets upset because the glassware gets that etched dishwasher marks and they are ruined. No matter what I use - rinse agent different detergent the glasses get etched. I just go to the dollar store and buy cheapies and not worry about it. I save the good stuff for company and then I will wash by hand. But will SU? NOOOOo he insists even the dollar store glasses get done by hand. Go ahead, do the dishes and do your own thing. I can't be bothered.

I am waiting to hear from the mediator. Nothing yet. No doubt we'll have something set up soon. I've been doing my research.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least he is keeping the place clean. That is something anyways. He is probably just looking for someone to feel sorry for him as he slaves away over he sink washing dish after dish. {i can play a tiny little violin for him if you would like. tee hee}

Good for you keeping up with your research. Going in prepared is the best thing you can do.

*hugs*
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing. I buy cheapies that get run through the dishwasher. the good BEvERage glasses get tender loving care.

Def sounds like a case of please notice poor little me as I toil away. What is that old saying about reaping what you sow? Maybe he wouldn't have a handful of nettles if he had paid more attention to planting good seed.

good on you for getting prepared.

...and knowing is half the battle - go Joe! <-- G.I. Joe cartoon flashback :-)

~rud-E

Anonymous said...

MARTYR

First Class,

Jackhole,


*hugs*

L