Friday, September 26, 2008

I Guess We'll Get On With It.


I had an email from the mediator asking if I was back from my business trip and was I ready to start the mediation process. I replied, yes I am back from the trip and is in any one really '"ready" for the process? However since I have no choice, I guess we'll get on with it. Believe me, there will be a blow by blow account as we get going. Given that when she first contacted me she was booking two months out, I don't expect much to happen til November. I'll continue to read until then and get a handle on what I want and the strategies I may need to get there.
of course the Barracuda told me to come in for coaching before hand.

I am still more than mildly irked that the SU wouldn't go for the mediator I had chosen, and I expect he didn't even do his homework to find out about the guy. I am mostly past that irkiness but find it annoying.

I am still a tad jet lagged and need energy to do some severe tidying up around the house this weekend. My own room looks like a tornado blew through it. I have a ton of papers in there that need to be managed or pitched STILL! Plus some general cleaning. BoRING!

Rebel is back at school and has found herself a part time job. Her cardiologist says it's okay as long as it doesn't stress her or cause her worry. She's had some issues with the girls who have claimed to be her friends. She has pretty much written off most them. Their lack of maturity is stunning. There were several things that happened that hurt the Rebel and she is pretty tired of drama and games that are usually the realm of 13 year olds and not 20 and 21 yr old girls. As much as it does leave Rebel without a lot of friends, she is moving forward. She changed her cell phone number, de-activated her facebook page, and pretty much shut them all down. I feel sad for her on the one hand and am so surprised by how much she has changed and developed through this ordeal on the other.

The weekend has arrived.
No doubt there is a bar open somewhere!

4 comments:

Calories and Coffee said...

Hey there, good to have you back!

Anonymous said...

I am happy to see Rebel growing up a bit. Can we assume that the too-old-for-her-slacker fiancé is still in the picture? {is it bad that when I started to type that whole thing I actually typed the word *tool*? tee hee}

So is this mediator one of his choosing? I went to the one the X chose but only after interviewing her and finding that she was more in my corner than in his. {so much for being Switzerland, eh?} I am glad that you have your Barracuda to help guide you during this process.

Rest up this weekend.

and the Bar IS open.

love and hugs,
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

I didn't go the mediator route because there were no children to deal with and we were able to sort things out ourselves.

I dragged my feet on the final filing though but learned that I wasn't really much more ready for it at the end of that time. So my answer is no - you are as ready as ready gets. Move forward and lean on your friends as you need to.

{hugs}
~rud-E

Anonymous said...

I'm here for the leaning...maybe too militant, but I'm here~~

*hugs*

L

ps. Personal best time in the race in To.