Monday, March 30, 2009

Looking Forward.

The SU did indeed buy the $800 camera for Rebel Junior. She gave her other camera to a friend who's dad is good with electronics. Apparently he fixed it so he gets to keep it. GRRRRR A NikonD60. Unfreakinbelievable.

The girls were in the kitchen talking and decided that a divroce would be better for me and their dad. RJ has already said she would go live with Dad. Rebel says I should buy a condo with a loft in the trendy downtown area. SU was not part of the conversation.

I was thinking this morning that I probably feel the stress still and continue with a little anxiety because we're not getting anything done and SU hasn't made any moves to get the hell out. One more mediation session and will see what that will do. I don't have high hopes but it will somehow make it to the agreement for whatever that's worth.

We are having a women's prayer retreat next Saturday from church. We had to organize it ourselves because our pastor would never think to do such a thing. I am looking forward to this. A day long session on Mother as woman and woman as mother. Should be an interesting day. Being a mom is never easy. We have several moms at church whose kids are really rebelling - worse than my two. These moms are finding it very difficult and are still stuck in the "what will everyone think of us" mentality that is so archaic. We're hoping that this retreat will lay that to rest for them. A little dose of reflection is much needed.

Busy week at work again this week. I am doing a workshop with one of our new young up and coming professionals. She and I are meeting this week to get the presentation done . I don't know when I turned around and became the mentor. I've been working in my field for nearly 30 years and for so long as I was always the youngest around. I've since become one of the old dolls we used to talk about! WHEN did that happen?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that he bought another camera without trying to repair the first one. There is an electronics repair shop in town here that charges a small fee to determine if it can be repaired and then that comes out of the repair bill if you go ahead with it. If not, they have been paid for their time to look into it. Fair deal.

As long as all $800 comes out of his pocket and none out of yours what can you do?

Gee, RJ going with the handouts. Shocked! Shocked and amazed I am! At this point they deserve each other. Hard times will hit and they will both wake up.

My friend's daughters said that even when she was in an apartment it always felt more like home then when they were with their dad (even when he moved back into the house and she took the apartment). Disneyland Dad's are fun times but there is no foundation.

good luck with the final mediation.

~R

blondie16 said...

SU rarely surprises me. I had a feeling he would buy the camera {if he hadn't already} when you first mentioned it. He is playing a dangerous little game because as she gets older her demands will be more and more expensive. At some point even he will grow tired of her *gimme, gimme* attitude. This will of course not sit well with her at all.

I hope your mediation goes well and that you will come out of it with a move out date set in stone for him. He needs to be out so that you and the girls can begin to work on your new normal.

Your woman's retreat sounds lovely. Wish I could go.

love and hugs,
~ b

Lily on the Road said...

There are just times when I can't leave a comment,

I know you'll understand....



word ver: xaddicti...

ex addiction....go figure....get on with it..........

MarieA said...

wait til Tuesday's blog... Lily will appreciate my turn around thinking I think!

sigh...