Friday, March 27, 2009

Timing is Everything.

As I was driving Rebel Junior and a couple of her friends to a soccer tournament this morning the throw away comment that I gather I wasn't supposed to know about referred to RJ's new D90 - yeah... Nikon D90 SLR digital camera. Go check the price Canadian, American currency - doesn't matter - it's a chunk of change. RJ's comment was something about all the packaging and it was heavy - but then I think she realized that I wasn't supposed to know and she quickly changed the subject.

Timing is everything. I had just sent the mediator a rather long rant copying the SU about how I didn't think the agreement could take into account things like differing parenting styles and money. I used the camera as one of my examples. So RJ gets a camera what does Rebel get? A fistful equivalent of cash? I sure hope so!

The mediator now wants us to return to discuss this. Good. It needs discussing. Though you can't write values and parenting style into a business document. I used the "C&T" words which I know will be enough to scare SU around the bend. Counselling and Therapy for the family. He won't go for it but I will throw it in there. That will do more than any mediation agreement if there is the unlikely chance that SU will grow some balls and do what needs to be done.

Rebel has had two major fights with the BF. A few more and I hope the cracks will start. In the end I expect him to break up with her because he won't be able to handle her. She speaks her mind and does what she wants. This is a Rebel the BF has not ever known And now that she is back full strength and with the heart of an 18 yr old boy at that... she just doesn't take BS from anyone. The BF is finding it tough. He reminds me way too much of SU.

I was at work today at 6:30 AM because RJ had to be that the soccer field house at 6:15 AM. I beat my staff in, I've got three documents done and I am now going for breakfast before my first meeting of the day. I can see why people like this, but I am not so sure I could sustain it.

The best part is going to be able to leave at 3 PM.

Happy Friday!


2 comments:

blondie16 said...

I get how upset you are with SU spending and playing Disneyland dad with RJ and not with R. As much as you want to be able to control what he does spending-wise it just isn't likely to occur. He will be allowed to spend as he pleases and he has not {that I can recall} treated the girls in a like manner ever. Sad but true.

As annoying and ridiculous as he is being you have to find a way to stay out of it or you become even more the enemy in RJ's eyes. As it is she knew full well that she had slipped in discussing the expensive camera which she has obviously gotten.

Get him out of the house and then put your rules flat out for RJ. Complete with consequences.

I hope that the boyfriend is indeed on thin ice and one of them will make the break. It is better if Rebel does rather than him but however it happens is a plus. It is so good to see her so feisty!

I hope you enjoyed your breakfast. YaY! for getting off so early today, eh?

Happy Friday!

love and hugs,
~ b

Anonymous said...

I used to go in early - start work at 6 and leave at 3. It was necessary to care for the kids while the ex worked evenings. I think I was able to do it by pure force of will.

I am too old for that now. It is against my nature. I am a night owl. The only time it really matters is when there is something going on at the end of my hour long commute. Having to stop off at home and get somewhere by 7:00 is a pain on my current schedule. I do like the traffic at that time though. And not getting up at the crack of dawn. that is good too.

As for SU and Rebel, get him out of the house and your only answer to her is talk to your dad. It isn't you that is doing the unfair funding. You can't get into it. If you start shortchanging RJ to have more to make up for Rebel it will only create a deep divide.

I hope you have luck with the C & T. That would definitely help.

{hugs}
~R