Friday, September 21, 2007

Finally Friday!


I went to RebelTweeny's school today for "Follow your kid's timetable" to learn about her new school and classes. She is at the school where her dad, the Spousal Unit teaches rather than going to the school in our district. I am okay with that... its a good school and I know some of the teachers.

I learnt that I am not seeing any notes or reports or other information, as RT gets dad to sign off on things and no one brings me notes home, because "dad knows all about this." I told them both, I am a parent too, I am interested in what goes on at school and how you are doing. Everything comes home please . You want dad to sign. That's fine. (it will be the first time ever he's actually been involved) But I expect to see everything. I am now on several email lists with her teachers. Score one for the mom!


And then...


I finally saw for the first time... the SU's fantasy woman. The one he was going to leave me for way back ages ago when he first dropped the bomb. The one who didn't know he existed. What a weird feeling that was. I've never told the whole "how it started story" on my blog, I will have to do that some time. Reader's Digest version is... a week after I got the "I love you but I am not in love with you speech" I learnt that SU had a crush on a woman he worked with. She never knew. She had a boyfriend that SU didn't know about. He really truly believed he could make something happen with her. And of course, she is 20 years younger than him.

I am just very glad now for all my buddies at the Divorce busting board who helped me keep my sanity as I was tempted to go off and stalk her and do all sorts of nutbar things. It was all in his head. And from what I have since learnt...
NOTHING would have EVER come of it. He would have seriously embarrassed himself. In a way it's too bad that never happened! She, like many people he works with, does not have a high opinion about him personally. As a teacher, I have heard all right things, but as a person... whole other story.


I digress.. it was still weird. When her name was announced and I saw her face to face. I had to think hard... do I talk to her or not. HMMMM say anything ... something? Nope... I've got four years at this school. Save the nutbar behaviour for when you really need it girl. But I checked her out pretty good, and gave her more than a once over... probably enough to make her feel uncomfortable But I had no reason to chat her up yet.... so I didn't. Knowing how the SU had influence over RT's timetable, I am thinking he's going to make sure RT never has her as a teacher.

I am sooooo glad it's Friday.

It's going to be serious drinks time when I walk in the door after work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GAH! But seriously, I don't know what I would do if I ever came f2f with the x's first little chickie. You know, the only two years older than his own daughter chickie. To say nothing of what I might do if I ever come f2f with my x best friend who thought it was a good idea to sleep with my x.

But seriously. It's Friday. What should I serve for drinks tonight? I know I am going to need one or four. LOL!

*hugs*

~ blondie

Anonymous said...

let's go for shots tonight. LOTS of them.
m

Rudy said...

mmmm shots... sounds good.

I will be having champagne and wine. A friend's daughter is getting married tonight assuming the fiance lived after buying a new truck OY

boys!!

My weirdest experience was the X inviting the guy she fooled around with while I was out of town over to the house with his girlfriend after telling me about it. I couldn't even face them. I told her to go downstairs and get rid of them. She was concerned because they had driven "all that way" (30 mins?). Never mind how I felt sheesh.

the second weirdest was probably when we went to see a friend's sailboat. X just had to see if such and such Dr. was there. He was (with wife and kids) and she was blathering on to him like a schoolgirl with a crush for at least 5 minutes when the doc nods at me and says "so is this your husband?" She said we went to see his boat so I could meet one of the docs she works with.

she is such a fecking eejit.

Ha! word ver = xcodes

Anonymous said...

oh it gets better.. I can't decide whether to vent today or wait and post tomorrow. I've killed most of day because of the latest missive between the lawyers.
I am ready to running screaming from the building... fecking eejits... is too nice!
sigh...
m

Anonymous said...

Today is a good day to vent. Then you can continue it over into tomorrow. giggle

Sounds like a doozy. I can't wait to see what the title is.

hugs to you, sweetie.

~ b

Rudy said...

*hugs*

let 'er fly M

better out than in I always say <- Shrek