Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday File.


Poor Rebel. She can't get a break. She fell at school yesterday, chipped her front tooth, got a fat lip and various cuts and bruises. The family doc thinks that the fluid retention in her belly coupled with her low blood pressure caused her legs to just give out. Family doc not pleased with her belly fluid and is going to see if we can't get all the tests needed sped up so that the fluid can be drained sooner rather than not so soon. Rebel loves her straight white teeth and is mortified to have a chip in it. She says that between the chipped tooth, the belly and the yucky clothes she is wearing...she is going to get a 1980s hair do! and them move to a trailer park! At least she does have some sense of a humour.

The beauty of the Canadian medical system is we have a good cardiologist, super Heart Institute, and we don't pay anything for this except through taxation. BUT we wait and wait and wait. No ultra sound until the end of month and follow up a week after that. The docs are way too busy ; they aren't now and as of about five minutes ago, she is moving things along a whole lot quicker. Rebel is headed for an ultra sound this morning instead of waiting the three weeks as originally scheduled. This is a good thing. Will see how things progress. It would appear that SU is taking her for her med rounds today. Interesting that he has found the time. I am hoping guilt is involved.


The SU is on his own path. His birthday was last weekend. I gave the girls money to get him a birthday present I mean really... what else was I to do? I asked them if they wanted to do anything else, and they said no. So I didn't bother with a family dinner or cake. I don't feel bad about that at all. I don't EVER remember, even during the good years, the SU getting me a cake for my birthday... not ever. He, as usual, wallowed.

Rebel's boyfriend asked him if he ever golfed. He barked out, a 'NO! I HATE golf!" I shook my head. How would he know? He's never played. Even I've gone golfing. The BF was trying to bond and take him to the driving range. The jackass lost out on that opportunity. The BF walked away.

SU is pushing the meditation process. He and/or his shark have suggested yet another shark for the mediation. AS IF! Pay another lawyer?! I think not. I told my She-Barracuda that I would NOT give in on this one. That one lawyer was enough to pay. I checked in with my mediator guy, got him to give me some references and a little more about his experience and told my She-Barracuda, that just because she didn't know this guy didn't me he wasn't good and I was not going to budge on what I wanted. She was welcome to call him but he was my guy.

I will tell the SU this to his face. I mean given all the crap we have to go through with Rebel, I really do NOT have the strength to keep going through mediation as well. Rebel is hurting... emotionally, psychologically as well as physically. She takes things to heart... and tries to fix things. She cannot fix this, but she doesn't need to be the shoulder her sister needs to lean on either. It's just not good.

I will tell SU to take a long walk on a short pier. He's just going to have to suck up what he wants and stop being selfish. If he can't put aside his pathetic needs to run away and just focus on what Rebel needs, he's not much of a father at all. But we already know this! If he attempts to push me, that is, put his needs ahead of his daughter's.. his reputation, what's left of it, will be impaired even more. Those who know him will have no respect for a man who pushes this way. And I can make sure that EVERYBODY he knows is aware of his behaviour. It won't be difficult at all. And I don't even have to go from zero to bitch either.

I have board meetings all weekend. Strategic planning and the regular business of my professional association. It's going to be a busy weekend. Believe me, I will find time for a drink or two and some R&R.

Have a good weekend.

3 comments:

Calories and Coffee said...

I'm really glad they moved up her ultrasound. Keep us updated!

I've been missing you on my blog. Do I need to post some more scary kitties for you? ;)

Anonymous said...

Anything to report about our Rebel-girl? I have been anxiously awaiting.

I dunno about you, but I like the boyfriend. He really is trying and I find that to be great.

I love that Rebel has a sense of humour. Its either laugh or cry and I love that she chooses to laugh. Hug her for me, please.

I hope you find time to chillax this weekend sweetie.

love and hugs,
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

yeah... I still have some reservations about this *man* he's no boyfriend... he's a man friend... but 1- Rebel knows how to handle him and 2 - he truly does care for her in many ways.
and three.

my car and house windows have never been cleaner!
m