Monday, October 29, 2007

"it's a mission!"

Rebel is doing all right. The surgery incision is healing. We see her arrhythmia docs in two week . She is eating a lot finally. She lost so much because of the fluid retention that none of her own clothes fit. She is wearing her sister's clothes. But only those clothes that little sister deems suitable for her big sister. Rebel and I spent two hours at the grocery store on Sunday reading labels and finding food she wanted and could eat. When you start reading labels and see the outrageous amount of sodium in foods. OY!

As the Rebel says... "it's a mission!"

The two girls were in a battle royal this weekend too. The SU doesn't help matters. Rebel Tweeny continues to find ways around the locked doors - leave it open for two minutes and she is in there.. She takes Rebel's jewelry, and other things, uses them, wears them, gets caught and lies. And the thing is- she is a lousy thief and even worse liar. She gets caught every time! Rebel becomes furious - her temper has strengthened! It's frustrating. SU takes the RT's side. Until Sunday morning. RT managed to use *his* hair brush* and *his razor.* SU came storming up the stairs asking us where the hell his stuff was. Rebel and I barely gave him the time of day as he was sputtering and looking for things.

Of course, he put a lock on RT's door and couldn't get in to see if she had his stuff because Rebel and I did not! It was amusing. Rebel gave him a piece of her mind too. Telling him that perhaps he might now understand at least a little bit the frustration she feels when her stuff goes missing because of sticky fingers.

It's quite sad. Most or Rebel's friends who are around our family can see how SU is playing favourites with his daughters. It's really sad. He is the one driving the wedge between the two sisters. Rebel sees it. RT doesn't.... yet. It will be a sad day for SU when RT realizes how his attitude affected her relationship with her big sister. He will pay for it I hope. He should.

Shame on him.


In the meantime, I am going to have a visit with my counsellor and see if I can do anything to mitigate this- short of leaving the house now with at least one kid in tow. Not an optimum solution yet. He locked himself up in his room most of the weekend.

Shame on him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait. He put a lock on RT'S door? So you no longer have access to said room? That is not good at all.

I am happy to hear that our Rebel-girl is doing all right. Her PMA sounds like it up for now. Good to hear that she is healing from her surgery. Hug her for me. I need to get a box out to you girls with goodies from the wedding.

When do you visit with your counsellor? I think you have to make a move. This atmosphere is not good for anyone 'cept that idiot SU who is oblivious to it all since he is locked up in his cave all the time.

love, prayers and hugs,
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

I AM smarter than the average bear! I have a key to RT's room. NO point in sayin HOW I got it, but I did.
I do a round every few days or so just to see what she might have.
I don't snoop as much as I mostly peek. If I see things that don't belong to her I take them.
I have a call in to the counsellor - witing to hear about appointment times.
m

Anonymous said...

That is great that you have a key. It should be that way. WTF is that idiot SU thinking allowing her to lock her door? GAH!

oh. never mind. He hasn't a brain.

~ b

Annie said...

As you once told me, M, men like your H and my X are RAMB's!!!!!!