Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Postive Attitude In Spite of It All.


Rebel had a follow up today with her cardiologist. Her ultrasound test from last week has not shown any improvement in her heart function. And her heart valves are still "pretty leaky" - I guess that is technical term used by said cardiologist. But it is descriptive.

Her belly fluid has increased again because of this. The doctor has changed her diuretics medicine to see if things can't move through her system a little better.

Rebel will be outfitted with a portable defibrillator. It's a device similar to a pacemaker and will help her heart beat and control the arrhythmia. Her doc is concerned that with her function and the heart rate speeding up - things could could become severe. He wants to mitigate this.

He is also starting to talk about "work up" for heart transplant because of the lack of improvements. We shall see how things progress.

Rebel is doing all right. Positive attitude. She is doing what she is told. Her doctor is very good. He is very straight with her, but also speaks to her without scaring her and giving her the information she needs to be able to process it and figure out how best she needs to take care of herself.

That's a lot for any 19 year old young woman isn't it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her positive attitude will serve her well. I am proud of her for handling things so well. Please give her hugs from me and let her know that she is in my prayers.

Love to you all,

~ Blondie

Rudy said...

She is also in my prayers.

I am happy to hear she has a positive attitude and is cooperating with the docs. It sounds like she has a good doc who isn't treating her like a little kid and keeping her in the dark.

hugs and prayers

Annie said...

A strong, positive attitude will take her a long way. And a strong mom is good, too.

Anonymous said...

thank you friends. It is all wonderfully supportive. WE appreciate it!

I am still hoping to get away for a little R&R and some positivity myself. Rebel says... GO! Ill be FINE. I want to know about this woman too ya know! (and the woman know s who she is....
I am going to make a call tomorrow and see what they tell me. If they say it's okay... I'll be there... with bells on. (now THAT should be a sight... still shopping up here for ASU gear... impossible!)
m

Calories and Coffee said...

I'm so sorry it's not better news. She is in my prayers.

Rudy said...

no luck up here either M. I have a yellow polo shirt and that is as close as I can get from here.

I hope things work out for you two.

hugs

Anonymous said...

y'all are cute looking for ASU gold. BTW the fates are with me and there is NO game Wedding weekend. I don't have to miss the game cuz there isn't one! WOOT!

~ blondie