Saturday, October 13, 2007

Our Girl.


It sure sounds like the docs are getting Rebel ready for heart transplant surgery She's now in the Heart Institute and they've started by taking about 12 vials of blood from her and doing a bunch of other tests after the weekend. The cardiologist put her into the hospital on Friday because he figured if she was in a bed they could start on Monday and he could observe her over the weekend.

We've met with the Heart Transplant Coordinator.. Rebel's attitude is... there are gazillion people in the world, there will be a heart for me. I will be fine. No fear. She was pissed because has had made plans to go out on Friday evening for a friend's birthday and had to cancel. Her boyfriend is a mess... he's freaked out. Went out on Friday and got drunk when he was supposed to bring Rebel some supper at the hospital. I was ready to smack him myself but the Rebel did a great job of making him feel like a shit. Gotta like that in a daughter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hug Miss Rebel for me and let her know that we have her in our prayers daily.

Tell her to be strong and get healed cuz when she is I look forward to a visit from the two of you.

You are in our prayers as well, doll. Lean on your support group when you need to.

*hugs*
love to you all,

~ Blondie

Rudy said...

Same here M.

I will speak to a lady in our Saturday night choir who is involved with the prayer chain.

*hugs and prayers*

Anonymous said...

you are BOTH special. I will miss seeing you both next weekend.
I sent Blondie's Girl a little note to tell her same.
MUCH MUCH appreciated.
HUGS to you both!
m

Calories and Coffee said...

She and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'll add her to the prayer list at church as well. I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Annie said...

M.....you'll all be in my prayers as this unfolds. I also put up a notice on the Vets board at RRR so that any vets who remember you will know.

{{M}}

Annie