Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

13 things I like to eat!

1. Warm goat cheese salad at D'Arcy McGee's.
2. Perogies (potato cheese) with sour cream.
3. A really great sloppy burger.
4. My home made chicken soup ( my mom's un-recipe)
5. Freshly boiled lobster with clarified butter on newspaper no sides needed except a great lager!
6. Smoked gold eye.
7. Old Dutch potato chips ripple with sour cream & onion dip.
8. Medium rare piece of beef on the barbecue.
9. Iris' home made cassoulet.
10. Snacks - hummus, veggies and dip, smoked salmon on crisps, cheeses and fruit - for soaking up the wine.
11. Christmas time antipasto in a jar ( my home made stuff).
12. New Orleans bread pudding.
13. Smoked herring with sour cream.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm...

I am hungry. We are waiting until the kid gets out of school and then we are going to grab lunch at Red Robin. mmmmm.

Great List, M. But what is Smoked Gold Eye? {she asks with great trepidation.}

seriously. HUNGRY!

~ blondie

Anonymous said...

yummmmmy to most of the above.....hahahaha,

hey, I'm still waiting for my antipasto (kidding)........

We'll have to hit D'Arcy's for the warm goat cheese salad (my fav too) and a Creemore!

Lily

Anonymous said...

smoked gold eye, not a Bond Movie, but a fish Winnipeg Gold Eye......

Lily


word ver uudjtht...bbwwwaaahhhhaaaa

Anonymous said...

smoked gold eye, not a Bond Movie, but a fish Winnipeg Gold Eye......

I never thought of the Bond angle. Thats funny right there.

As long as there is no actual EYE looking at me all is good. Otherwise..GAH!

~ blondie

Rudy said...

Yay, perogies, it has been forEVER since I had them.
smoked fish yummy.

Want a recipe for Guinness dip? It tastes similar to onion dip. but with beer :-) Yummy, yummy, yummy

I liked pickled herring but not so much in this house LOL

Anonymous said...

pickled herring.
ew.
ew.
ew.

That being said I do keep it around for Rudy.

heh heh!

~ b

Anonymous said...

smoked gold eye is a real Winnipeg delicacy. Gold eye is a fresh water fish. My grandpa used to catch it and would take it to some guy he knew to have it smoked. We would have it all the time. Then when I took it to work for lunch once the other people couldn't believe it. For most people it was a treat. The non fishing types.

Same with those who are lobster fisherman I guess. Their kids ate lobster sandwiches. They'd get sick of lobster - throw it away or trade for peanut butter and jam.

Rudy... I'll have to express mail you some of my home made perogies... some how... may be next trip to left of hell (little late this time!) I'll trade you Guiness dip recipe for Guiness cake recipe. ( cake being made on March 17th!)

Lily--- we have a date!
HUGS all
m

Rudy said...

Deal! I don't have it on the mac book but St. Karo is going to snag it from my house the next time she goes to tend the dogs.

I will get it to you soon.