Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A little pain a little love


I am in pain. I have inflammation of the sacro -iliac joint. It's not fun. it's not the first time either.

So I am taking prescription anti inflammatories, add in pain killers, use a tiger balm patch where it pains me, physio therapy and I am STILL in pain. Sleeping on my pillow top bed - terribly painful as I can't roll over. Was NOT impressed when I am sure about 20 minutes after I fell asleep last night, RebelTeen - the younger - woke me up with her shriek. Ordinarily I would get out of bed, take the stairs to the kitchen and tell her to take it down a thousand... however I was in a comfortable position - the only comfortable position- so I stayed put and calmed myself down and counted sheep instead.

Rebel Senior's dog stayed with us for the weekend. RebelTeen wanted to have her around, and I - who have never been a dog person - certainly enjoyed having this cute little critter around. He even slept on the floor of my room. My girls let the dog sleep on their beds. I draw the line. Even if he is cute. He doesn't even try that with me. When I got up both days - he went over to the RT's room and cuddled with her on her bed til he was ready for his morning walk. And me, being mom went back up and told RT to get out of bed as the dog needed a walk and to get outside. I figure not my dog- RT wanted him at the house she had to take him out. It was fun to watch!

SU has his brother staying with us. B-I-L had a cup of coffee at the dining room table. He left it there. Two days it sat. I finally went and handed it to the SU and suggested that if he could tidy up behind his daughter instead of teaching her to do it herself he'd better be doing the same with his older brother. The two of them have done nothing but play endless games of scrabble.
Oh! yes they did go to SU's young friend's for yet another party on the weekend. Even B-I-L noticed how young they were and how they all seemed to end up drunk by midnight! They didn't land up at home til nearly 5 AM. B-I-L didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with this either. I roll my eyes.

Must go find drugs. I feel a twinge.

3 comments:

Rudy said...

If only the drugs would make the other "pains" go away......

Lily on the Road said...

What on earth did you do??? Oh, I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable. That HURTS!

Right on Rudy...so when are they moving out? hehehehe

Lily

Anonymous said...

I moved the wrong way in high heels. I think my back must have just been weak. I have to go back to the the exercises.
Feeling a tad better this morning.

haha ha... get the pains out of the house.. working on it! LoL
M