Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen.

13 phrases and words of wisdom.

1. We get too soon old, and too late smart! Quoted by my friend Arlene when we were Tweenies from something she saw as we lauighed. Now we get it!

2. Hitch your wagon to star and maybe you'll hit the moon.Ralph Waldo Emerson but I heard it was Mary Kay Ash. and yes.... I used to sell lipstick.

3. If you don't know something ask someone who does. There is never any shame in asking the question. My dad. He's right.

4. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.Davison, Potential Rhapsody

5. Out of sight. Out of mind. - never did find out who said this.... perhaps Davidson's wife?

6. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. -Margaret Wolfe Hungerford, in Molly Bawn

7. Deciding whom you'll marry is the most important decision you'll make. -Unknown NOW you tell me!

8. Everyone is allowed an occasional failure --except the skydiver, of course. -Unknown seriously!

9. Find one thing you do extremely well. -Unknown Scrapbook? talk a lot?

10.Loosen your girdle and let'er fly! Babe Didrikson Zaharias oh yeah... that feels good!

11.You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life Winston Churchill they're not enemies really, but they sure get annoyed when I show up! LOL

12.That which does not kill you makes you stronger.Neitzsche Neitzsche said that? no way!

13.You have to sit by the river a very long time before a roast duck will fly in your mouth. Guy Kawasaki. 'nuff said.

5 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

All very good!

Now, I'm going to loosen my girdle while I waited for the roast duck!

hope you're having a great day!

Anonymous said...

I am having a good day The weekend starts at close of business today! and doesn't end until the 3rd! Depending on how fast I am moving on Saturday - I might come catch your tri!
M

Lily on the Road said...

I don't start until 10:05, but I want to go early (long drive) so I can get a close parking spot and set up my bike in the transition area....and then cheer on my friend Anne who is doing the Half Iron Man.

Some of the other gals will too, depending upon what happens, we may go out for lunch, then come back to cheer Anne across the finish line. (It's going to take her just under 6 hours).

Rudy said...

aren't 4 and 5 mutually exclusive? LOL

I hope you are feeling better.

Yay for long weekends

Hello from Cali btw

Anonymous said...

funny Rudy!
I figured you'd be where you are this weekend.
ENJOY! HUG the Blonde from me would ya??
M