Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pain you can't fix.

Haven't accomplished much this weekend. I had wanted to have a list of mediation books up for Friday, but the library didn't get them together for me. They're coming. AND Blondie needs a break today! It's up to me to get the blog running for the next few days or so! IF things don't look right - it's because my technical blogger person is dealing with her own life!

RJ seems to be asking for permission rather than just taking off these days - don't know what this all about. I'm happy she's thinking before acting..... but I am suspicious. Poor kid can't win.

Rebel Adult left her dog here with us. She and the BF took off Friday afternoon to buy a birthday present for some child and never returned. I called her and let her know we were not responsible for her dog - even if we love it!

I had plans to try and head out with friends on Saturday evening but the pain in my hip makes going out and doing stuff a pain frankly! I ended up back in the hot tub at another friend's instead. The hot tub helped in the short term but created an usual pain in another way.

This one - she is a drunken mess. She is a wino of the first order. She knows it. Her husband knows it. She is as kind as kind could be, but she hasn't bottomed out - yet! She is a talented smart woman - except for the drinking part.


Her husband has cried on my shoulder but hasn't done much to deal with his own issues. I read him the riot act last night and told him he had to get his butt down to a local Al-Anon meeting - and sooner rather than later because I wasn't going to listen to him tell me any longer how he

1. hasn't had a physical relationship with his wife in ten years
2. he can't make her eat food
3 he can't get her to go out with friends or have company at the house
4 have a relationship with their daughters


Same old same old. It's sad. She knows she's a drunk, but she's afraid to not be a drunk. He enable her by making wine - He says if he stopped and she bought her wine they'd be broke.

This is a woman who is at least 5 years younger than me. She smokes, she is diabetic, and she drinks. She weighs in at maybe 104 pounds and looks 10 years older than me. And the thing is.... she knows she's slowly killing herself and won't do a thing about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*giggle*

You are cute. if you need help with the blog I do check in with my email when I can snag a connection.

That being said, I can't wait to get this move finished up and settle back to my boring life. I didn't think it possible to hurt in so many places and get so much accomplished on so little sleep. Yes, people, it CAN be done.

That poor woman. I pray she finds some strength to reach out and get some professional help.

It sounds like you and I need a spa weekend or something. Someday, girlfriend. I look forward to it.

love and hugs,
~ blondie

MarieA said...

Indeed! Nothing like a spa weekend to help make life calm down. MUCH needed and we WILL plan on it!
HUGS
M

Lily on the Road said...

Oh, dear, You know and I know she has been on the slow train to crazy town for awhile now...oh how sad.

Unfortunately, only she can pull herself up, sometimes, the comfort of "the bottom" is better than the struggle up. Oh, how sad, because, as you and I know, she IS a wonderful person....please don't feel as though you can help her, you can't,

just like we can't (as much as we want to) help you with your situation....we can't...we can only be there...

Much love and support (as much as we can give)
Lily

Calories and Coffee said...

Sorry you're hurting :(