Friday, February 15, 2008

Five on Friday

because I missed the 13 on Thursday


1. Seriously, it's NOT about you. NONE of it is. - You might think I am talking to the RT, but no... it's the SU. Of course it is.

2. Yes I know you don't have the infection and we want to keep it that way so your BF has to comply with the protocols or he will NOT be allowed to visit at all until you're cleared from this thing. - Nurse Ratchet reading the riot act (gently) to Rebel about her BF not wearing gloves and mask while visiting her. She is in isolation due to testing positive for the MRSA virus...it's not in her body but she has the bacteria in her nose ... and it needs to be controlled. Three weeks of negative tests before isolation is done. Negative result - week one this week!

3.I believe I just might be experiencing not *quite* hot flashes... more like hot sparks... that would explain not sleeping well I think. Typical symptom of this U*changing* phase in my life and body. ( oh great... she rolls her eyes... ) That would explain the urge to seriously smack the SU as he finds fault. SEE no.1

4. I am thinking about a weekend away.. Just an hour out of town... will see if I am comfortable with this. A little scrapbooking.. a little spa... plus buffet food and laughs with a great group of girls...

5. More snow... more snow... oh joy! ( see photo... snow is way higher than my car!) We NEVER had snow days when I was growing up. What is it with snow days anyway? And we had colder days, and even way more snow!

3 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

We never had "snow days" either and we walked to school, up hill BOTH WAYS, no really we never had snow days and truly we had colder and snowier too! Woosey kids now a days....

Tell SU...ahh never mind....

Tell BF, rules are rules, this is serious and he should grow up....this is not a game....

See you later!!!

Lily

Rudy said...

We didn't have snow days either. We walked to school or were driven in the neighborhood car pool. The buses showed up when they did, sometimes as late as 1:00, just in time to take the kids home LOL.

We had a snow day when the bus drivers couldn't see the back of the bus - FROM THE INSIDE.

infection in nothing to mess around with and BF better man up and follow the rules.

Hot sparks LOL. I had meds that gave me hot flashes as a side effect. fun - not!

So... does that make you "spark"ly? hoo hoo hoo hee hee hee ha ha ha

Have a great weekend. Have fun, unwind, take a break. You need to take care of yourself too or there will be nothing to give to Reb and RT.

{hugs} and +prayers+

Anonymous said...

shouldn't all that snow keep the sparks to a minimum???

heh heh!

and yes, I can tease about it having been hit with a few hot sparks myself. ;)

take care of yourself, dear girl.

hugs and love and prayers,

~ blondie