Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Neither Betwixt nor Between

I read a great line a book yesterday and I can relate.
"I'm in marital purgatory through no fault of my own." I am neither betwixt nor between, but stuck in this place. I am married, with out ANY of the benefits of a real marriage. I am separated - according to the SU - without any of those benefit.s Purgatory. Not much I can do about it at the moment, but eventually, I'll be out of this particular place. I'm not feeling sorry for myself at all, it's just that I have a tough time deciding what my status is. Not great fun. But this too.... shall pass.

The fund raiser went well. It was planned by young people for young people. There was a nice crowd including friends, parents of friends, and others. They raised $1000 for the Heart Institute which was presented live on television during the broadcast on Sunday. Not bad for a bunch of kids who are either in school, and/or working. Makes me want to throw my own fund raiser now, with people I know who are musically talented - it would be great fun. I had any number of local celebrities chat with me and ask me to keep them in the loop about Rebel's transplant. It was pretty cool. I am still working on my Spice Girls angle, but man... this is a tough one. Now that I have some media people I can talk to, I shall see what I can ask for.




Perhaps next year once Rebel has hopefully been through her transplant. Rebel continues to gain strength, but really wants to be done. She is doing well most days, but has moments where she just wants to be at home.

I went back to work today. Feels good. They missed me. I am not quite indispensable, but clearly I am needed. This is a good thing.


3 comments:

Rudy said...

Welcome back to work M. It is good to be missed but I am very glad you got the time off you needed to be with Rebel.

Happy to hear that the fund raiser was a success and that all had fun.

Luckily, my marriage went from miserable coexistence to physically separated pretty fast. Hopefully, your situation will right itself before too long.

{hugs} and +prayers+

Anonymous said...

It will pass, girl. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I am happy to see that you are back at work. Just make sure you are getting your rest and your glass of wine {or two} daily!

love, hugs and always prayers.

~ blondie

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear that the fund raiser went so well with KYC...you have a lot of "musical" friends who I'm sure would "put it together" for the H.I.

Glad to hear that you are back to work too.....as for the SU, well you know my stand on the matter...do what is good for you when it feels like the right time.

Lily