Monday, January 26, 2009

Sorting Out the Obvious.


I have reviewed the separation agreement and found a few errors - slight mistakes - and I expect this to be fixed quite easily. It shouldn't take long now - except this week - my week at work is hellish and I am heading out of town on professional association meetings starting Friday - so I don't really have a lot of time to spend on the phone with the mediator. I'm looking forward to the weekend away to the big city! I have chatted with friends and colleagues so between meetings - there will be some R&R.

Rebel was to have a biopsy this last week, but her cardiologist was sick and then on the re-scheduled date Rebel had a bad head ache. These things all had to be re scheduled again. I know this separation stuff has to get done but I am so busy with trying to keep other things together that SU and his need for things to get done just send me screaming from the room.

RebelJunior had her annual medical check up months ago now, and SU was supposed to have arranged for RJ's gardasil shots. It's three shots a month apart. We had to buy the vaccine and get reimbursed by our plans. The vaccine is still in the fridge. It's a simple thing. The doc is nearer to the high school than to me so it makes sense for SU to take her. Three quick trips. Not done yet. I purposely told him it was on him - apparently he can't cope. I knew this would be the case, so I will get this sorted out this week as well.

On the other hand, we're so close to finishing all this separation crap that I am at the point where I want it done. I have an eco audit planned for the house. There are both federal and provincial cash incentives to get energy audits done - I can find the drafts without someone telling me they're there it's so obvious. When you bring in the pros - they note all the improvements you can make and it is usually a given that there will be money back. In the long run it's worth it as it will save on heating and cooling bills. And maybe with foam insulation added in and some other things, the mice might not be back next year.... or I'll have to sell the house! I figure I'll take a day off and get it done during the week while SU is at work. A vacation day sounds like a good idea any time.

The last three Saturdays SU has disappeared first thing in the morning and not returned til late in the day. It's rather rude actually. I figured he was off at someone's house doing carpentry work and I was right. However, the man doesn't own a cell phone and anything can happen. In fact his father did call and all I could say was I have no idea. I'm sorry I don't know. What EvEr. Interestingly, I don't think he gets he still has to stay on contact with me even after we separate. Probably more than he does now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine just had an energy audit done. The first inspection. It took 9 months to get them out there cuz they are so backed up. She said that if your house goes up 1 star rating on the second visit you get $4,000. After that it is $1,500 for each additional increase in rating.

I hope your program has a good return as well. Like you said, you will save money out of pocket each month after it is done.

Plus, having better energy ratings makes it more marketable when/if you do decide to sell.

~R

Anonymous said...

one day at a time girlfriend...it is all in place.

Lily