Tuesday, June 30, 2009

And There You Have It.

There is a reason why there are Barracudas in the world. The answer to yesterday's burning question on how to deal with beneficiary relationship and who gets to spend the money issue was quite easily handled.

SU is the beneficiary and the relationship is "trustee" or "in trust of"
It's why they get paid the "big bucks." And simply enough - the money is there for the girls and I can note that in my will so that my executor can keep the watchful eye on things. And there you have it.

My church publishes a family parish directory every few years or so. It's a photo directory. I wasn't sure how to handle things keep SU in the photo or not - and had to remember the mantra from one of my counsellors who told me "It's never a good idea to manipulate a situation because God will find a way to turn it into a joke on you." So rather than make up stories, or justify to the girls why the SU shouldn't be in the directory, I said nothing. They met me at the Parish Hall for the photo sitting and I left it up to SU to either turn up or not. He didn't come in, nor did he even bother waiting for the girls to be done.

I now have a lovely family photo of the three of us, plus a really nice portrait of the girls. If SU wants a picture - he's on his own. As I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad the cuda got back to you so quickly. Probably has to deal with that a lot.

Your friend is wise and I think you handled it correctly. Blondie can tell you about the X getting pictures on his own LOL

~R

Lily on the Road said...

and the count down begins....

Anonymous said...

Excellent that you know now how this will go down. You have a great 'cuda there, girlie.

I started to tell you about the photos and my x but decided after 3 paragraphs in a comment that I would write it up for my own blog. It will make for a slightly entertaining story. LOL!

Happy Canada Day!

love and hugs,
~ b