Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Totally No Erasers.

I signed the separation papers today. All five copies initialed- every single page, AND had to initial some last minute changes, With the Rebel having moved out, this had to be reflected in the agreement. All these trees killed. I must have signed at least 100 pages.

SU's Lawyer is trying to do the real estate and separation stuff at the same time, but that won't work since the real estate lawyer needs the final signed separation agreement. SO SU will have to pay for two lawyer's visits. Oh well.

There is a clause in the agreement that talks about reconciliation. The Barracuda said to me "if you plan to reconcile come see me first - do NOT agree to anything. And remember - you now own the house - even if you reconcile -the house is a done deal. If you decide to get involved with someone again - come see me - pre nuptial agreement is key for you." No kidding! It's a big AS IF, but I tell both my girls that they need to sign pre nups before getting married. The rest - all sort of final stuff... like we used to say when we were kids "stamp it - no erasers!" Totally no erasers. This is a done deal. I admit - I still get angry about it, I still get upset but I guess that that's life. What else can I do when there is no one to do it with eh?

Now hope he actually leaves he house the way he is supposed to.
I am taking a conflict resolution course this week. I wish I had done this BEFORE we did the mediation. I am seeing a lot of the techniques that we're learning about that the mediator used. I could have also used these techniques in dealing with the Rebel when she was in her key Rebel state. All very useful and helpful for all sorts of things not just work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The anger comes and goes. It does get better. less frequent, passes more easily.

Try to focus on how nice the house seemed when he went to visit his family and how it will be like that without the nagging thought that he is coming back and it will end :-)

{hugs}

~R

Anonymous said...

Like Rudy I still feel angry on occasion but it passes quickly and I get back to my life and what it is. Just feel what you feel. It won't do any good to try and suppress it.

I am glad that the signing has been done. Now he just needs to GTFO, eh?

hang in there, girlfriend.
love and *hugs*
~ b

Lily on the Road said...

I concur with R & B.

Anger is okay if put into a proper healing direction. He is the loser, not you.

Pre nup, Pre Nup PRE NUP. Oh and if you ever have someone move in ~ just saying....

same dealeo....get something in writing....trust me on this one, I've learned the hard way, (sigh)

Now, GHTFO....!

I feel a party coming on.

*first word ver - wash
*second word ver - pardse (paradise?)