Thursday, June 11, 2009

Member of the Club


I am very surprised to find myself a part of a new club. The almost separated club? The nearly divorced club? The I'm not going to let this define my life club? Not even close.

It would seem that I am now part of the club of people who have dogs and walk them regularly. Before I had the little doggie I would walk and dog people paid me no attention at all. Now, because I walk with a little doggie beside me on a leash, all the other dog people are my friends. I know the secret handshake. Who knew!? It's been interesting. We've met Patches, King, Princess, Lulu, and all the other ones whose names we don't know. Buttons - hates them all wants nothig to do with any of them. I, however, enjoy talking to their people. I am going to start taking my camera with me and will ask people if I can take pictures of their dogs for my Facebook photo pages. I wonder if people will let me?

On to our regularly scheduled ennuie. I am still waiting to hear from the Barracuda. My handyman is booked for August to rip the old rec room out and put in the new one before the exchange student arrives. Niagara Falls is nearly booked as is Canada's Wonderland.

Rebel continues to be a royal pain. She is so back. She left a PILE of laundry in the ahll way on the second floor. It's all in garbage bags in the garage. Thanks for that one Rudy!

I am nearly done with this damn cold that has been keeping me at a low level.

Just spent $600 on my car and not nearly done. New muffler and exhaust. I cried poor and didn't do the radiator flush - the coolant light kept flashing. The guy must have felt sorry for me or something and they topped up the radiator with fluid and did s0mething and dumped a quart or two of oil in too. Karma. Pays to be nice to people.

I can`t believe I`ve had no grief over the latest Meez. Clearly no hockey people read this blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed the redwing jersey but for all I know, you were a redwings fan. I work with a penguins fan :-)

LMAO on the garbage bags! I packed things up, gave up on labeling after the first couple and put them under the house in the crawl space. I said the next time I touch them is to put them in the dumpster *WEG*

T the dawg stalker LOL

~R

MarieA said...

and the Penns won... young guns with heart oy! what a game.

I am usually a senators fan and will have to *buy* a Sens jersey next season for my Meez.

Lily on the Road said...

Yes I saw the wing shirt. Didn't know you followed the league.

R is so back??? She's moved back in? Or is she out and left clothes and her dog??

I'm confused, once you're out you're out as my folks told me....

MarieA said...

LOL... She's back as in pre sickness attitude... MAJOR attitude... most of the time...

But I have one dog she has the puppy... How did that happen? But I don't really ming - he's kinda nice to have actually.
Apparently the clothes in the hall/garbage bags are clothes she isn't sure what to do with - not sure she'll wear them any more. I told her to take the bags and figure it out. I am so not interested.

Oh times have changed Lily.. they leave... and then they come back. ANd actually - I'd rather she came back.. and I expect she will. It will take a little time but if the BF screws up any more - she'll give him the heave ho!

Anonymous said...

I always told the kids that as long as I had a roof over my head they would have a safe place in the world they could come to in hard times.

I also told them - and HAMMERED this point home - that did not mean the same thing as them carrying on their reckless lifestyle in MY house. There would have to be adjustments by all but I was not turning the place over to them.

Naturally, I would make reasonable accommodations to make them feel welcome but the burden would be them adjusting to my lifestyle.

~R