Friday, March 23, 2007

Drama with the tooth.


I had to see a dentist again. An.. emergency 1-800 type thing what with my own dentist away on March break (sigh) Got a little nervous I have to say when I saw his dental degree was from.... wait for it.... University of Baghdad!! really!

It got worse as he looked at the x-ray of my lovely new week old $1000 crown and stood there shaking his head going tut tut. So? I asked...
and the dentist-from-Baghdad says...
"that tooth is going to have to go...
you have abscess all the way down to the root.
Not worth saving."

Now I don't know about anyone else but when it comes to needles, drills and other instruments of torture used by dentists... you gotta go with the guy you have a long term relationship with, ya know? So I got a little, okay, totally petrified.

OY!

But then he said,
"but that's your dentist's decision.
Today, I will fix the infection, and give you anti-biotics."
I relaxed substantially! yesssssss! drugs!


As we talked ... I got to like his style. I asked him about life in Baghdad... Fascinating city Baghdad *used* to be... very cultured, very bustling.

He fixed me up with drugs, pain killers, a new tooth brush, Crest, a key chain, a pen, and Trident gum! Better swag than the guy I've been seeing for the last 20 years! If you need a dentist and you're where I am I recommend him. The swag alone is worth the visit! I ended up leaving very impressed.

My guy needs to be worried!

The spousal unit went on again about how I "left things too long." I looked at him and said,
"that really isn't the case at all. I left it for many other reasons, none of which you cared to know about it, so please do not make assumptions about me and my life when you clearly are not interested in the why."
All said very politely and without rancor. Just stating the facts. Because it comes down to just facts these days.


Tooth update? The lovely expensive computer generated crown has a crack in it. It will be replaced.... at no charge. This little molar of mine is truly becoming the most expensive thing I own!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why am I NOT surprised that the spouse would put this on you. You know why you hung in there just as you now know why you need to take action. He on the other hand either doesn't have a clue or is in total denial. Or both!

Good luck with that tooth, sweetie. But hey, those lovely parting gifts sound....

well....

Quite Lovely!

giggle

*hugs*

~ blondie

Anonymous said...

The Dude needs some drugs. Could you send me a care package!!!

Anonymous said...

funny ! LOL.. I'll see what I can send across the border!
M

Anonymous said...

Yeah, good luck on getting much of anything across the border. I only got cake on the second try and it took an entire month start to finish.
It was ONLY cake for pity's sake. I can't even imagine how shes gonna get the drugs out.

giggle

~ b