Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Matters of the tooth!


SO was at the dentist's office today. Part of my own tooth that was left cracked - right down the middle. I now have a new hole in my mouth. Lovely expensive crown - REMOVED. Rest of my bad tooth - REMOVED!

I am now up for two implants in my mouth... One on my very front tooth, and one on this miserable back molar.

"Sheer bad luck" said my regular own dentist guy. Turns out Dr Baghdad was right! Tooth had to go! sigh...

Implants. BEFORE the crown -
at least $2000 x 2 needed $4000
Two crowns.,...
at least $1000 x2 need $2000
total cost of two teeth... $6000

total cost covered by dental plan -

Steel crowns NOT porcelain ( AS IF!) $500

Implants covered to the cost of a bridge or other means... - $1000

Out of pocket price - $4500!!!

Thank goodness for lines of credit and dental payment plans.

So... I was going to build a deck this summer... cost? $25000

Lawyer.... fees... ah that's a blog for the next time.

HMMM build a deck... get new teeth... let me think on it... summer is coming... need somewhere to put the barbecue...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

somewhere to put the barbecue?

Teeth, girl, think smile!!! Summer is for smiling, you don't want the wind whistling through the hole in your mouth while bombing along in the new Mustang do you?

If you've lived this long with the BQ where it is, then what's a couple of more months....oh, bye the way, does this mean you're keeping the castle?

Lily

Anonymous said...

We don't have a barbecue Lily! The spouse prefers his electric grill set up in the garage. He gave away the barbecue without tell me he was going to do so. ANd OF COURSE I will deal with teeth first. LOL

Nothing settled, but the house is MINE!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted on the implants, would you (geez, that just sounds so wrong) - I am thinking of having a couple of teeth (yes, teeth people!) done that way, as well, and would like a first hand report!

Smile that toothy smile - it could be worse, y'know - you could live in England (insert bad joke here about English peoples teeth - or simply say "But Grommett" with a smile)

T.I.M.

Anonymous said...

not But Grommet....
it would HAVE to be...
"pass the worcestsire" please... my eggs are blahnd."

Do they call it woochester? or wooster?
anyway... good on eggs AND steak! with a pint of something.
M