Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday File


Facebook

For those of you who got the Facebook invitation... My apologies. That was NOT my intention. As I was experimenting how the thing worked ( in my business I have to not just know the technology but use it too!) I inadvertently sent out invitations to EVERYONE in my Hotmail address book. Some of you are in there... many of you are not. My two worries were.... Spouse would get an invitation to "be my friend" as would former friend. I was mortified by the thought of either thinking they were my "friend"
I shut down the spouse I think...I blocked what I could of my own Facebook file. As for the former friend... I double checked my address book, and I had deleted him. The thought that he would think I wanted him as a friend was enough to send me to find the scotch bottle. That in and of itself was not a good thing to know or feel.

As for the rest of you who may have the invitation... (she rolls her eyes quite dramatically) feel free to delete it.
Though as an experiment in social networking on the wave of Web 2.0 it has been fascinating to see the threads of connection that people are making there.

St. Paddy's Day.

Last year I witnessed former friend become totally obliterated pouring down the Guinness while I awkwardly spent the evening at spouse's side at the well known Irish pub in town. We were out and about mid afternoon and by 8 PM... there were far too many crazy, idiot, happy drunks around. Spouse and I each had our cars. I drove the friend to a pub near home. Spouse followed and the two of them drank away the evening while I remained an adult and went home for some green pancakes.

I decided this year, in honour of St. Paddy's - I will colour my wine green, stay away from the beer and the pubs, and head out for an evening of scrapbooking with the girls. Far more civilized and entertaining I think.

Movies

Saw a fabulous movie... Lies and Alibis. A little sleeper of a movie. it was a great con game. on DVD.
Rent it!

The Rebel wants me to take her to see - are you ready for it - The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie!
We used to watch the fab four when she was little. She loved Michelangelo. I couldn't tell them apart save for their head bands! It must be bringing back some memories for her.
Review forthcoming.

Good weekend friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Kid wants to see that too. I wonder if he wants to go tonight or tomorrow. He still has TMNT toys under his bed. When he was about 3 or 4 he was a TMNT for H'ween. I made him the cutest costume. I will have to find a pic and show you. Who knew TMNT would come back, eh?

I hope you have a great weekend with no conflict.

love ya,
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

I think rebel had a TMNT birthday cake... or was it Power Rangers? ..... the pink one?!
Happy St Paddy's there Blonde one!
M