Friday, March 30, 2007

While away.. Tweeny did play!


I was very tired on Thursday night in Baltimore after travelling, meetings, and a not too late dinner. I sent the Rebel a text, and hit the pillows hard. I was probably fast a sleep two seconds after that. When... my cell phone started ringing. I thought it was morning and the radio was on... but no... it was the cell.

"Marie? It's Joanne... Victoria's mom Long story short," she says, " it would seem our girls snuck out of your house and are outside somewhere. I've been calling your land line and no one is picking up"


"Joanne? Let me wake up, " I replied most groggily and yet thinking WTF??? " Did you just say the girls are not at my house."

"NO! The cops are at the neighbours and their daughter isn't home. She thought they were here with Victoria. I've been calling and calling. Can you check?"

"Um... Joanne... I am in Baltimore!"

The F-sharps started!



SO with a racing heart I finally woke up, and told Joanne, I'd get the Rebel on the phone - get her to get home ASAP and find out what the bloody hell the spousal unit was doing that he hadn't checked up on the girls before he went to bed!

I got the Rebel on her cell, and she had just walked into the house.
Turns out Tweeny and company must have been plotting from what the Rebel said.
Rebel found her dad - the spouse of mine who really didn't get it. I told Rebel to get the dad into a car and drive around. Rebel was fit to be tied because she had been duped by the little Tweeny!

"Don't worry mom!
I'll find that little brat and kill her for you!"


I called Joanne back and told her what was going on. Then I waited. And waited. And waited.

I just finished getting dressed again, thinking I'd go have a scotch or three while waiting to hear back from home when the phone rang. It had only been fifteen minutes. Joanne calling to tell me that Rebel had found the girls, in a park not far from home with three bratty boys... also let out. Spouse grabbed them all threw them into his station wagon and read the riot act. One boy ran away!

"Oh Marie.. gotta go," said Joanne "Vicki just walked in, I have to go decide whether to beat that kid to death or just use slow torture while yelling my face off! "


I called Rebel on her phone. They were to drive the other little one home and she put on SUCH a show for the spouse that he relented and brought her back to our house. I shake my head. Rebel said

" You're lucky mom isn't here or this would have played out very very differently!"

I could hear the spouse going on in the background.


So I was back in bed by 1:45 AM... the whole episode lasted less than 45 minutes. I think it was probably about three AM before I finally slept. Up this morning at 6:45 Am for an 8:30 AM start.

sigh...

and Did the spouse even think to talk to me, to tell me the plan for the Tweeny who is off school today because of teacher's PD? Did he call to suggest how he wished to manage her this Friday evening as he goes off for his regular hockey game? And what was she doing all day?

sigh...

The kid isn't going to have another sleepover til she's married!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids!

'nuff said?

*hugs*

~ b

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I have boys.

Dude

Calories and Coffee said...

Think boys will be different? PLEASE let them be different!!

Anonymous said...

well except for the fact that there were three boys with the three girls! ANd spouse caught two of them. THIRD managed to run away and apparently snuck back into the house. AND!!!!! none of the ones caught would give him up!

The difference is - girls sneak around in packs... at PJ parties etc, but boys go solo!
Somethings never change!

M