Monday, June 18, 2007

Praying and Waiting.


The spousal unit finally informed his family on Sunday about our Rebel. Both girls also gave him cards they made for Father's day. I asked him about the card made by RebelTween but he didn't show it to me. what ever. He left this morning without even asking me how or what we would do about the expected move of Rebel to the heart institute. I guess I really can't worry about it, but when he crashes.... I am expecting it to be spectacular. He has no one to lean on from what I can see. I don't think he is in denial, but his internalizing this stuff... can't be good for his own well being. And I am not going to get into it with him.

The following are the entries I wrote on another site for my daughter's friends.

Sunday
As far as I know here are the circles and networks sending prayers, positive vibes and energy for Rebel. . Thanks to them all. Please remember not just the Rebel , but the health care professionals who are making serious decisions about her care. These dedicated, hard working people are making a difference. I want them to be making the right decisions.

My friend's husband's family prayer network in southern Ontario
Another friend included Rebel in the weekly prayer for healing called the Mi-sheberakh on Saturday at her synagogue.
Then there are the cousins in Calgary - along with her Bible Study Group,and the rest of the family.
There are the high school girls in Winnipeg and family there too.
And I can't forget my dear friend Blondie in the middle of the desert -she has her Prayer Warriors.. ( I love that!) on the "case"
And of course, my own "Ukrainian church ladies."
And Rudy calling on his community to remember and pray all the waaaaaaay up north...
I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. The power of positive thought, of belief in a force bigger than life has got to be for the good.

Monday's note.
UP and down is what they said Rebel would feel - and indeed that was the weekend. Saturday was a day spent sleeping. She had a few palpitations that made her heart pound for a few seconds, but she says she knows what to do when that happens. More blood tests and blood pressure monitoring meant that taking off her heart monitor to take a shower were quashed. Not that she could manage the effort for it anyway.
Sunday - was a whole new day. Shower taken late in the after noon. Hair was fluffed up. Food eaten and a craving for fried rice was indulged. The DVD player dropped off by the boyfriend seemed to be heavily used on Sunday. The priest from our church paid her a visit as did a few of my friends. The phone calls seemed to be endless. All good.

The nurses found a bag of dollar store craft stuff and paper so Rebel spent an hour or so creating a Father's Day card for her dad. It was cute what she managed to create out of almost nothing.

We are waiting on Monday to learn when Rebel is being transferred to the heart institute.

3 comments:

Rudy said...

We are praying for all of you waaaaay up here :-)

don't forget to care for the caregiver.

*hugs*

Síocháin

Anonymous said...

Yes, Marie, your whole family are in prayers of people you don't even know.

A friend of mine, who's daughter had similar symptoms, has just been released from the hospital after numerous weeks. Her virus attacked the lining of the chest cavity and her lungs. After several weeks of draining her chest cavity she can now breath easier (so to speak). Her father wants to know if there is anything he can do, i.e. name of Doctors', etc.....

Please know that I am only a call away.

Love and hugs,
Lily

Calories and Coffee said...

Still praying for you all. Any news?