Friday, June 29, 2007

We are On the Programme.


And Feeling a Bit of Relief!

We went to the Heart Institute today and saw the cardiologist in the Heart Function Clinic, his resident and the nurse, who will no doubt be my new best friend He is knowledgeable, confident, and what Rebel was presenting is not anything he hasn't seen before. This is a good start.


After reviewing her file and going through her history, he is cautiously confident that Rebel could make a good recovery. She has to be pretty strict about some things in the short term - the next 6-9 months or so, and after that he will see how things are going.

His main concern was that we are not really sure when all this actually started. So he isn't sure how soon we caught the condition. However, if Rebel does as she is supposed to, we can hope things will go well. Shes has her plan, she knows what she has to do and I hope the follow through will be positive.
Next tests in four weeks: one at the nuclear cardiology clinic for pictures of the heart, and another ultrasound. So... we are now on a programme and I am feeling some relief.

I have decided to go to Ukrainian camp for the week. Refer to pic in my Wednesday post. I think someone else may have my kitchen job but I will no doubt find myself in the kitchen during the week, and probably sitting by the lake a lot of the time reading.

Rebel is thinking about coming with me for a few days. Depends on the new beau of hers I expect. TweenyRebel will be there for the week, so I expect it will be a good week. Keep the prayers and good thoughts coming. It is all helping and working for us. And it so appreciated.

I asked the Spousal Unit to drive today. I was worried I might have a panic attack on the way there and told him I would prefer we took my car (AC doesn't work in his) and that he drive. He was not really prepared to go but for a change went along with what I needed. We arrived home and the mail man was just coming up the drive. I took the sole letter from the carrier... yet another missive from his Counsel. Unfortunately, I couldn't open this one as he was right there in the house so I wasn't able to see what the latest news was on that front. Probably an invoice for services rendered. WhatEvEr! I have other priorities at the moment and could care less about the other.

2 comments:

Rudy said...

I am very happy that things went well for you two today. It sure sounds encouraging. I hope the seriousness of it all really sank in with Rebel. Kids just think they are immortal.

I can relate to the hesitation to drive, really I can. I am glad the SU picked today to man up and do the right thing.

Enjoy your time by the lake.

*hugs*

Annie said...

What relief you must feel after today! {{M}}

Enjoy your time at the lake; it will probably be just the thing for your soul.

Annie