Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sprung!


Rebel has been sprung from the hospital and is at home. Visiting hours will end for EVERY BODEE!! and I mean every body by 10 PM in the evenings. Same with the phone calls. Rebel may be home... but it's not quite business as usual.

I am grateful for drug plans even more now that Rebel is on a beta blocker, a heart and blood pressure pill and a diuretic... at a cost of $200 for a two month supply. We have two plans so all will be returned to us.

I had to go out and by a scale so Rebel can weigh herself every morning. I have never had one in the house so it was a new shopping experience. Do I go digital or analog. Digital required batteries... so.. no.

The appointment at the Heart Institute isn't until June 29th . The cardiologist felt they had stabilized her and she was okay for now. She'll be at the Heart Function Clinic. I have tried reading the information on the web site, but... it's rather overwhelming. I could do a ton of research, or have my friends the medical librarians provide me with info too.... but... not yet.

Rebel and I also have to figure out how we are going to find food she likes that has no fast food qualities about it. Yesterday's chicken divan was the first test... low sodium canned soup and seriously low fat low sodium mayonnaise...not quite the right texture, but it seemed okay.

3 comments:

Calories and Coffee said...

I'm so glad she's home! You're in my prayers every night.

Rudy said...

YAY!!!!

Steady as she goes.

Still praying.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

So happy she has been sprung. I hope you are all taking it easy.

Continued prayers.

love and hugs,
~ blondie