Tuesday, June 26, 2007

While We Wait.


It would seem life is kind of in a waiting pattern until we get to the Heart Institute Friday and see what they tell us. In the mean time, I have had Trish Wall at the house twice, and I also intend to have a nutritionist acquaintance who is also a naturopath spend some time with me and Rebel to learn some new food habits cooking techniques. She is a bit on the left side of wacko, but she is extremely knowledgeable about vitamins, minerals, nutrition, food combinations, and other good stuff. I think Rebel might think I've gone off the deep end but my thinking is why try and figure this out myself when I have this network of people I know who are experts. We can take what she tells us and modify it. She is a bit on the woo hoo side like Trish, but interestingly they are both saying the same things about Rebel's energy - she is positive, has a good outlook.

Spousal Unit doesn't say much but he has gone for groceries and come home with some good stuff for her. He has always been the label reader.
He still hasn't met the new beau, which I find rather pathetic. My thinking is that SU is doing his passive aggressive thing with his daughter and this fellow. He worries when Rebel isn't coming in by her new curfew time and rather than meet the fellow, he has retreated. It's bizarre. Again, not my problem. Who knows what Rebel has told him about the two of us. Given his parents are divorced, he might be able to help her out on this front.

TweenyRebel is finishing school today. There is the over-the-top "school finishing ceremony" where all the little tweenies are wearing pretty dresses and heels they can barely walk in. We had a helluva time agreeing on shoes. The kid looks like a bird on stilts on a good day with her looooooong skinny legs. Add CFM shoes to that... and it's not a good look. I had to seriously say NO to all the shoes...It seemed the higher the heel, the trashier they look, the more they looked like ho-shoes, the likelier she was desperate for them. We settled on a bit too high wedge heel - with this ridiculous rhinestone babyphat logo on the top. $100 later... sigh... and she's only finishing Grade 8! She loves them.

I asked the SU if he was leaving work early to attend the Grade 8 Ceremony.
He did have to think about it before he thought he would make it.

No comments: