Thursday, April 03, 2008

13 on Thursday


1. While our Rebel continues to get stronger, I am thinking that the discussion and talk about *discharge* to wait at home might just be a bit premature. AN IV pole at home? On the second story? Not sure this is a great idea. We're taking this one on.

2. Rebel's birthday this month... My baby turns 20. Hard to believe. How to celebrate?

3. The SU's cash flow seems to have grown *quite* substantially the past few months... hmmm!

4. People who don't get it... *really* don't get it. whatEv!

5. Car rattle - double hmmmmm!! dump the Taurus get the Mustang GT convertible?

6. Rebel has had dreams that seem to have come true... She asked me if I was going away on business any where... I told her no, not going on the planned Vancouver trip in May. triple hmmmmm!!!

7. Goodness... it's a theatre night tonight! I nearely forgot! Yes Marie... today is Thursday... all day! That's why we all it 13 ON THURSDAY!

8. Does a certain SU *really* have to start cooking at 10PM at night? I don't know... but I hate the smell of food coming into my bedroom between 10PM and midnight! yeah yeah... I've asked... he's too busy... watching The Habs... or something... And the food isn't even for us! He's planning on going to a party with the kids he hangs out with.

9. I think I have a pair of boots at the shoe maker. I think they've been there since last year. I just found the little claim tag in a wallet I haven't used... since last year. sigh....

10. I am Diner Dash - Flo on the Go obsessed. I can NOT get past level18 on Flo on the Go or past level 7 on the DS no matter what I do or don't do. It is making me insane. and never mind the repetitive strain injury in my right hand!

11. However, my Brain Age is down to 38 ( up from 37) and I detest the triangle math test.

12. I need to buy my own DS. A red one! DS needs to learn how to decipher my hand writing!

13. Counting down to my Saturday morning at Le Nordik Spa. Massage and baths. Hot cold, Hot cold, Hot cold... where's the bar!?

7 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

ohhhh lucky you, le Nordik Spa is suppose to be heavenly!

Go and enjoy and have a glass of red wine for me!

*hugs*

Lily

Rudy said...

Yay, some "me" time for M!

I did get a red and black DS when I was at blondie's. I have only played brainage twice and it says 52. Not good. It also barked at me for not playing for two weeks. I have been playing "word jong" and I don't know why that didn't help my brain age. I guess because it tests numbers and not words so far.

Yikes! sending rebel home? I am with you on that one.

Enjoy your spa.

as always, {hugs} and +prayers+

Anonymous said...

spa day? LUCKY! You deserve it, doll. I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing time.

NDS. Pink! YaY! My brain age today is 25 and that is after testing with this freakin headache I have had all day. I am the young one! *giggle*

Whoa! That bring her home might be more than you can handle right now. What does she think about it all?

How was the Theatre? What did you see?

Love, hugs and always prayers.
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

Rebel is definitely not interested in coming home. It worries her- freaks her out actually.

Theatre saw a play called Framed,a nice twisty suspense story.... that takes place in England. A woman goes to a friend's cottage with her new internet found boyfriend. Is the friend doing a favour or does she have something up her sleeve? mwahahahah It was very entertaining. There are five of us who go.
Spa day not til the end of April I think. Definitely counting down.
Marie

Anonymous said...

M,

you know me, I have to ponder things over and its Not a good idea for Rebel to come home....

a) SU, unreliable....
b) BF, unreliable....
c) RT, unreliable....
d) ambulance service, unreliable....
e) LVAD, unrelable...without proper supervision
f) Rebel friends, unreliable
g) M, reliable, but do you need to be Zena the Warrior Princess on ALL fronts while the above are trying to play their own games??????

Reble is in the best possible location and if she were to go home, how many emergency trips back and forth would take place over the course of waiting for the right heart?

Does she need this stress, let alone you the only reliable in her life?

BTW, how many of the relatives have come along with support????

just asking.....

Lily

Anonymous said...

Actually the relatives have been pretty good. Sister in law in St Louis has told me time and time again she'd come. Sister in law in the west is occupied with her dad who is quite ill.
Sister in law in the east is dealing with her very ill mom - my in law - so we all have our things to deal with. Cousin would come if we figured it out I believe. I tried using an Air Canada ticket I have hanging over my head for her, but because it was purchased as a non refundable no substitutions ticket. Air Canada refuses to allow me to let someone else use it and I'll lose my $300 probably.

Believe me, I am no Zena these days. I just go a day at a time. LOTS of friends are raound too; my fridge and freezer speak to the volumes of food and the the clean baseboards too thanks to the girls who have sent me a cleaning lady!

There have been a a couple of people who've gone home with VADs - it's just the precaiousness of Rebel's health and worrying about the power outtages we get that freak me out too. I am not going to worry about it too much until they start making noises often and regularly.
The psychologist saw Rebel and told her she was getting mixed messages from the staff and she agreed. We'll have a family meeting with the support staff at the hospital, and the psychologist will be Rebel's advocate. Rebel won't even need to be at the meeting which makes her comfortable.
Marie

Lily on the Road said...

Excellent news, glad that the support is there....

just worried about Rebel at home.

Mixed messages from staff? yikes, hope the meeting goes well.

Lily