Friday, April 25, 2008

Surprising!

I arrived at the hospital today just as Rebel was being transferred out of the SCICU and back to the cardiac surgery ward! How surprising is that!

They took out all the neck IV lines and she has her PICC line in her arm. The chest tubes will probably come out tomorrow and as she loses fluid the catheter will probably follow.

More beaming smiles as she came up to the ward and the nurses all clustered round to welcome her back. It astounds me how well she is recovering. Rebel doesn't think so, because unlike the first set of surgeries at Christmas she is very much conscious and moving and feels the pain of the surgery incisions. Sore chest, sore groin and a few other places. Cranky! Very cranky.

She has started on her anti rejection meds and has a whole new regime to follow for the rest of her life.

Anyone want to place bets on how soon she will be home? Need that poll thing again I think.

Pretty soon we'll be back to our regularly scheduled ennuie with the occasional update of course.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooT!

I am so excited to hear that she is doing so well. God is so good.

She will be home before we know it. Let the key holder know what you want in the poll and she will get one up asap.

love,hugs and always prayers,

~ blondie

Lily on the Road said...

Isn't it great to have the cranky Rebel back OMG, that is good news. We wouldn't want her any other way!!

It'll be a little while before she is home...just gives you that much time to "organise" the house...

Lily
I'm so happy to hear she is cranky, you have NO idea!!!

love and hugs,
lily

Rudy said...

Cranky is good I guess LOL

I am so happy to hear that she is rebounding so quickly.

God is indeed good.

{hugs} and +prayers+ for a complete recovery

Kim said...

I'm glad things are going well. Lily led me to your site. I've been thinking and praying for Rebel the last week and am so glad to hear things are looking up! Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog Kim. What's TNT?
It always amazes me and is so heartening to hear from people who have said prayers and have thought about my daughter. You hvae no idea what that means. Thank you. (-:
Marie