Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Girl Needs Air!

Things seem to be okay with the Rebel. She has been having a few down moments... "why me; I can't keep doing this; I'm tired of this." So I asked the nurse to have the psychologist pop in on her... WITHOUT her knowing it was me. More "we heard you've had a tough week and I wanted to check up on you... how are you doing Rebel girl?" kind of approach. The nurse said she'd get on it this AM.

And who can blame the girl? She's had a tough go... with all these hurdles coming at her.

The infectious diseases team doctor came in to see her and was pleased with how she is doing. They're probably going to keep her on anti-biotics, because they worry about one little bit of bad bacteria attaching itself to her VAD - either inside or on the drive lines and reinfecting her blood. Rather than risk another culture growing somewhere inside, keeping her on meds is the better precaution. It also kicks up her status on the donor list to very top priority as well.

The chief perfusionist has bonded with Rebel. She has teens at home and seems to have forged a good relationship with my girl. She wants to take her out for fresh air today and barring bad weather... it's going up to 12C (low 50s) for a bit today before we head back down to 0/-1 (low 32) this afternoon, she may be able to get out. She's not allowed to touch anything, or do too much but I think a car ride and some fresh air can only be a good thing.

Mortgage is renewed. I went for the one year and negotiated it at the 6 month open rate. SU said nothing. I am counting on the one year rate to give me some breathing room. I can only pray that by this time next year, things will be significantly positive and better for the whole family.

The young one keeps expecting me to take her shopping for spring clothes... but when I ask for help around the house... even letting her choose her chores... I can't seem to get very far.... so rather than American Eagle.. it's gonna be Giant Tiger and Winners!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Rebel, we can not even begin to imagine what goes through her mind while she is alone at night, the poor kid...

Gah, WHY her, we will never know I suppose, but she is at the best facility to make miracles happen!

As for RT, laziness is not rewarded with fashion, let alone shopping. Pick up the slack RT or hound Disney Dad....reality check and you are giving her a good one M!!

Don't forget some "M" time, sounds like you need a little dose of it....

Lily

blondie said...

So did our Girl get out and breathe some fresh air today? I hope she did.

RT. She should be happy you will take her shopping at all. Brat.

Good to hear that they are keeping her on the anti-b's for now. I am praying for her emotional strength. And always for her new heart.

love to you all.
*hugs*
and always prayers.
~ b

Rudy said...

I can't even imagine what a long and tiresome struggle this has been for Rebel. I hope the visit from the psychologist was helpful and reassuring to her.

I am glad the infection seems to be finally beaten down.

Did she get out for a ride? I am sure that would lift her spirits.

as for RT - oh hell no. Reap what you sow and all that. Give little, get little.

I hope that things are well settled before the next mortgage renewal comes up as well.

{hugs} and +prayers+