Friday, July 04, 2008

Camp. Cahoots. Chinks.


I wrote the job test on Thursday - four questions - two hours. Who knows how I did. I really have no clue. I have also applied for a different position at my current workplace. Time for a change. But it's not more money- just a change of scenery at my current level. I'll think about it.

I asked SU to please have a word about the danger of a young girl sneaking out in the middle of the night. I have no idea if he did or not. He's so preoccupied wanting to be her *friend* he doesn't do the discipline dad well at all. It's frustrating. I tell his sister this stuff and hopefully she can say something to him, however he doesn't have a good relationship with her either so not sure if that will be worth the effort or not.

We go to Camp this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll go up Saturday or Sunday yet. SU took RJ out to buy a stash of snacks for herself at camp This is totally unnecessary and I told him this as we have a canteen where the kids *earn* a bazillion points for all kinds of candy and crap during camp. He also bought her pop and breakfast cereal. When I saw the stuff I told both of them that this stuff was superfluous, unnecessary and wouldn't be going with her. I mean really! There is PLENTEE of stuff at camp no need for this stuff at all, and in fact it will probably be confiscated and returned on the last day.

SU thinks he is in cahoots with his daughter. The reality is - he's acting like a dorky 14 year old.

Rebel wants to come to the camp for a few days as well. Our adult cottage, fondly known as Shangri-La - no children allowed - is full up this year so I am not sure where she is going to sleep except in the bunks with the girls. I don't think she'll have a problem with that. SU will have to come and pick her up. The BF's having car problems and it has put a cramp in her style. There are starting to be some chinks in the love and romance side of this relationship.

I've noticed that the BF has occasionally called our phone in the middle of the night. I suspect he is trying to reach the Rebel on her phone and hits the wrong number. The last few times all I got was hang ups. I don't have caller ID but I hit *69 and got his number. I am trying to think of a good payback. I am thinking of setting my alarm for 5 ish , doing a *67 and calling his phone what a jack ass. Yes I am an adult but I mean REALLY!:!?!

I've been and gone to the dentist early this morning already. The little flipper false tooth is being repaired. I have a gap like a middle aged hockey player in the front of my mouth. I debated taking a picture and posting it - but I am not that brave - nor don't intend on getting that drunk either. Tooth will be returned later today!

3 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Hold off on the pic....go for the titanium implant, I know it's $$$$ but it will make you feel better and in the long run save $$$


SU IS 14, gah.....no, more, to, be, said.....

Glad to hear reality is setting in with BF, as long as R's health is good!! If she wants to chill with mom and RJ, that's great!!!!

Have fun at the camp!!! It is suppose to be BEAUTIFUL this weekend!!

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Oh I have been planning the implant for the past 8 years!!! It's the 2 hour go under the knife for the bone graft surgery first that has me shied away. Then the bone graft has to heal before they can insert the implant.

So I am a little freaked out by that.

We are hoping for good weather all this next week for camp. So far so good.
We are already planning on making perogies and cabbage rolls as well as the usual camp assortment.

Come on down y'all!

M

Rudy said...

mmmmmmm
homemade perogies and cabbage rolls

That sounds like my kind of camp.