Monday, July 14, 2008

It's always something!


Yes I am back from camp. Laundry is done. Most of the camp stuff is put away but I do have to finish off some paperwork from the kitchen so we will be ready for next year.

RebelJunior went home half way through the week. There were only a few girls her age this year. She knew them all and seemed to be having a pretty good time. Something went wrong though and after a full day at the water park where I was told she was having a lot of fun as well as being helpful with the little kids she decided she *had* to go home. She was relentless- as she always is. I told her to sleep on her. Wednesday she wrote a Ukrainian egg and coloured it and again helped the little kids on her team. And then it started - her relentless rude, loud blah blah blah. The director suggested she think long and hard before leaving. One of her good friends came from Toronto and when she left there would be no buddy for her. RJ was having none of it. And by late afternoon - I had had enough of her mouth and called the SU to come get her. It's only 75k away and it didn't take him long.

There was some girl drama going on involving the the two 15 yr old boys and something happened. But we could never discern what it was. Rebel got invo9lved and was going to get the BF to take her up to camp and get her. At one point I finally had to tell Rebel to butt out as she was the sister and not the parent. So her last year at camp ended on a rather sour note. I still don't know what the issue was. She claims she was bored and tired of doing the same thing that she has been doing for the last ten years, Well, she could have told me two days before we went instead of two days after. We parents who were there are quite sure something went on in the group. And once RJ digs into a position she becomes stubbornly stuck on it whether it is in her best interests or not.


Interestingly enough, the SU handed me a bottle of wine as he took RJ away saying I might need it! The first thoughtful thing he has done in years! As it was I had already been handed two frozen margaritas and was well on my way to burning dinner that evening!

The rest of camp went well. Sun, quiet for me between meals, not bad weather for the most part. A gazillion mosquitoes rather killed a lot of the night time activities - Deer flies and horse flies were also biting madly. We had conversations about whether it was inappropriate to place bets on the teams while they played Capture the Flag and Manhunt - but didn't let it stop us! My photo essay ( animoto video) of *my* week at camp - coming soon!

I arrived home to a disaster in the kitchen and have my back to it even as I type. RJ said as I walked in "do NOT say a word about the kitchen Mom. You should have seen it when I got home!" sigh. I am not going into clean up mode. I am disgusted but I refuse to clean up adults and those who believe they ARE adults.

SU leaves Wednesday night for the east coast to visit his parents. How did Lily and Rudy phrase it elsewhere - two sleeps and he goes! His mom is quite sick. Congestive heart failure and in her late 80s. She isn't a good patient though. She doesn't follow her rules and exacerbates her own condition much to the frustration of the sister in law and main caregiver. RJ is going with him and he does want Rebel to go too. She was at camp with me for a couple of days but had nightmares her first night. Lots of stuff she still has to process I am thinking. She is not yet ready to be too far from home. She knows her grandma isn't well, but she has her own stuff to deal with. I told her to not do anything she wasn't ready to do and not to allow her dad to put pressure on her in any way. She knows this.

Today is my last day of leave. I am back at work tomorrow and just learned that the horrible woman who was my so-called manager last year has returned. I am in the process of booking an appointment with her boss our big cheese director to discuss this situation. I am not walking out of the stress of home into the stress of a bad work situation. I ended up walking out the stress last night and my poor walking partner was seriously over winded because of my need to pump it out! I am either going to have to start before her or take a longer walk when she is done.

It's always something!

2 comments:

Rudy said...

The silver lining I am seeing is that you will have peace and quiet at home while you deal with the return of the witch. With SU and RJ on vacay you can at least be assured that the house will be in the same condition when you get home as you left it.

You can come home to peace and solitude to recharge your energies.

{hugs}

Anonymous said...

Oh, nicely put Rudy! Peace and Quite! Sweet.

One step at a time and if The Witch is not dealt with from the get go it will just get nasty. Here's hoping the meeting goes well.

Hope Rebel is "talking" with someone....

take care, glad you are back and maybe you are ready to join the Walking Club they are a little faster and maybe your friend can join too and both of you can walk your own pace....

Talk with you soon,
Lily