Monday, July 28, 2008

What a peaceful weekend.

An acquaintance was over for dinner on Friday evening. And at the last minute another friend called and asked me to go see Mama Mia with her. I told her to come join us for dinner instead and she did! So I had a great time... except for the army of ants that had invaded my dining room. UGH! Bad bad timing! I found the ant powder and shot the stuff all over the place but I am kind of worried that it created a bad start to my evening. I have been watching the dining room and living room now and the ants seem to have disappeared since RAID appeared onsite. Shall see what happens once I take the poison off the floor. I don't like having this stuff inside my house.
So the acquaintance left around 9:30 and the last minute friend and I decided to go see the last show of the night of Mama Mia. LOVED it LOVE it. Except - I don't know - Remington Steele just didn't cut for me as a singer. Not so good. Good to look at uh-huh yum yum - but - he really can't sing. Meryl Streep - is there any thing she can't do?!?! I want to go see it again!

Blondie has inspired me and I started looking at houses. I found a very nice new community being built with houses that are quite affordable and looking really lovely. Nine foot ceilings with crown moldings,open concept with gorgeous kitchens and quite manageable in size. Laundry rooms on the second story - gotta have it!

http://www.mattamyhomes.com/ottawa/communities/kanata.asp?id=1691

It looks like most of the current houses have been sold but I am already seeing *for sale* signs so I may get lucky when the time is right. I am also looking in other areas, but buying new is very appealing to me right now.

I just picked up Rebel and her BF and drove them to his place. All she was worried about was her little puppy. She loves this puppy almost more than she loves the BF. I hope that continues. He is quite a cute little thing and it clearly loves her to pieces too from the way he was wagging his little tail. She will be back this week. As she has a follow up from last week's biopsy, a stress test and a run through of the presentation she will be doing at one of the local Rotary Clubs next week with the charge nurse who has taken her on as her personal case.

The rest of the weekend has been pretty quiet. I had plans to do stuff - but I can't make myself move too much or do too much yet. No doubt I will need to get in gear, but these lazy days of summer are just perfect for sitting around reading books, drinking cheap sangria and day dreaming.

4 comments:

Rudy said...

Those are some nice plans. I hope you can get into one soon.

Nice, that the dog is more attractive than the BF. Living with the self proclaimed M-I-L has to be SO much fun.

Glad you had a nice quiet weekend.

Anonymous said...

And well deserved!! Sitting, reading, sangria and movies...ahhh, summer!

Sometime soon I'll go to Momma Mia with you!! This is pay week...it could work!

Good job checking out new abodes...

Lily

Anonymous said...

um me again! That is a pretty BIG friggin' house girlfriend, empty nester coming up soon....what about a nice loft type place in Westboro or Parkdale area??? But they are Kaching...

what was I thinking....

oh well,
Lily

Anonymous said...

LILY! who lives in a teeny tiny fairy cottage! The smallest house at 1279 sq ft is smaller than my current house. But that's too small. I want one of the town houses that has the 2nd floor laundry room and the CLOSETS!! OMG!!! I LOVE the closets. BLISS.
I am looking more at the town houses that are around the same size as my house just laid out a little better.

Indeed Rudy - the dog is now in my house and the girl talks to it in baby talk! I laugh as I watch her with this little thing! LOL
M