Monday, July 21, 2008

I Love a Quiet Weekend.

It was a lovely quiet weekend. Whenever I left the house I came back and it was just as I had left it. Clean counter tops, swept up floor, no one's clothes lying on chairs. I love it! Well except for the fruit flies. I've been setting my traps and killing them by the dozens. I really hate fruit flies so I stopped buying fruit for a bit and see if I can rid my house of these pests.

Rebel came home today for a few days I guess. She and the BF seem to have found a stray pup from somewhere. I told her no dog in this house yet. I do NOT need a doggie around though I am thinking when she is home alone during the Fall I may break down and let her keep him here - it would probably be good company for her. As long as I don't have to get involved. She has no idea how old it is, whether it has shots or not. NOTHING. Of course the BF has no money for this stuff. They've done nothing about it. sigh,... one more thing that will end up costing me no doubt.

I started looking at the financial reports I have to fill out for the mediation. Have I mentioned I HATE dealing with anything to do my finances? I manage a healthy budget at work, I am treasurer of one of our local professional associations BUT my own money - man I hate this stuff. BUT I will bite the bullet and get this done. The SU left a lot of his stuff lying around in his lair in the basement - so I now have all the investments updates for him, his current salary and a fairly decent idea of his bank balance. Photo copies to be made and put away and I expect this will be useful to me somehow.

My local video store rents DS games so I rented a couple to try them out. OY! Guitar Jammin and I don't get along at all. Probably because the songs are of no interest to me. I am told I MUST get Guitar Hero for the DS. Then there will be a few of us all sitting around jamming on DS lites because none of us actually knows how to play a *real* guitar. How goofy is that!?!?! The other game - Gourmet Chef is going marginally better - I can't seem to fry the steak properly nor cook the potato croquettes well enough or fast enough - and I keep burning the creme fraiche sauce. Stuff like that NEVER happens in real life when I cook dammit! I might buy this one. I seem to be getting some kind of bizarre RSI in my right hand because of the DS.

I love a quiet weekend. When's the next one?

Until then - Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a quiet time!

That is just like my life, things are were you leave them, not always tidy but oh well....

Puppy needs to see a vet, Puppies are expensive and LONG TERM!

just saying...

talk with you soon!

Lily

Rudy said...

I am glad you had a peaceful weekend.

It is just what the dr. ordered.

Here is the thing with puppies and kids that don't have their lives established... when the kids move back out again, they don't (or can't always) take the dog with them. Apartment bans and the like.

I know it will be very good for Rebel but be aware that you are just as likely taking on this long term arrangement as well. It might be how it was turned into a stray dog to begin with.

{hugs}

Anonymous said...

don't I know it about the dog Rudy. That's why I am waffling with her as to whether or not he shows up at our place or whether or not he stays with the BF at his place.

thanks for confirming!
HUGS right back!
m