Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Conversations.

telephone conversation to Rebel's phone

Voice - Hello?

{Hmmm thinks I - that's not Rebel or a voice I know.}

Me - Hi. I am looking for Rebel. {Is that BFF mom?}

Voice - No. Rebel forgot to take her phone with her. It's her mother in law.

Me - ummmm she's NOT married.

Voice - Well she lives with my son

Me - no, you mean she stays with your son part time. She lives at home - with me - her family. If she doesn't live at home she loses her medical benefits and I don't believe your son can afford to pay for her drugs which cost over $!500 a month.

Voice - well Rebel isn't here.

Me - yes I gathered that.

Voice - who did you say you were again?

Me - It's her mother. I know where to reach her. I am going to have to remind her to keep her phone with her.

Voice - Well I thought I'd better answer because my son keeps waiting to hear from her.

Me - well, I am sure she will talk to him after I do.


***** Text messages with Rebel Junior

RJ - I lost all my makeup today. I have no idea where it is and I can't leave the house without something on my face. :-(

Me - How do you lose a whole bag of makeup?

RJ - I don't know. I looked in the bag it was there. Next time I went to use it - all gone. Dad said he would replace it for me.

Me - no doubt. Good excuse to go shopping isn't it.

RJ - I love shopping but it's too bad since there had to be at least $50 worth of stuff - some brand new. I don't even know if I remember what I had except my face is all red and I have these pimples that I don't want people to see.

Me - well tell dad thank you when he takes you and get the scaled down versions.

RJ - Dad knows I love to shop and he will buy me what I need to replace. No need to scale.

******************************

and that's the kind of day it has been.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

....nope, I can't even comment!

oh, it's me, Lily...

Anonymous said...

Marie,

Did you ever find Rebel? What did she have to say for herself? Who is paying for the cellphone that the crazy woman just HAD to answer??

RJ sure knows how to work her dad. That can't be good. sigh.

I hope that the rest of your day went well and if it didn't that you are now relaxing with a nice glass of wine.

*hugs*
~ b

Rudy said...

yeah, NOT married, NOT M-I-L

I doubt the so-called M-I-L can or will pay for the drugs so shut up and mind your place already!

son keeps waiting to hear from her huh? guess that living there thing might be winding down. One can hope.

All the makeup gone? no idea how it happened? hmmmm

{hugs}

Anonymous said...

Oh I knew where Rebel was - at her best friend's place hanging out. I was trying to call her to know when to pick her up. Got the BF's mother instead. I didn't like that she had the daughter's phone and felt comfortable answering it. I don't even do that!!!

Rebel was more interested in going to see her puppy than she was in seeing the BF - or so it seemed.

yeah... M-I-L has no clue.
I dropped the girl off but didn't stick around. I wasn't ready for that yet. I was not interested in "meeting" the BF's mom either.

as for RJ.. she knows how to twirl daddy around her little finger!

M