Monday, February 19, 2007

Musing on a Monday


This was my horoscope today:

Fresh starts only happen when old situations are finally put to rest. It may be difficult to let this come to a conclusion, but it's necessary if you want to move on with your life. Breathe. Learn to accept reality.

HMMM I had a conversation on the weekend with my former faith based counsellor. I believe it was her "blessing" I was looking for as I try to walk this path.

She is one who knows *all* the intimate details - more than anyone else about the stuff that went on six years ago, when the spouse dropped the bomb.

She pretty much said the same to me as today's horoscope.
And the reality that needs to be accepted is the following:

The spouse is not going to change. He's made it very clear that counselling will NOT be a consideration, and that I had
"better get my head out of the sand!"

Reality is - my life is changing. The marriage to this spouse is done. I do indeed need to breathe and move on and keep breathing. And interestingly, EVERYONE I talk to tells me...

"yeah.. it will be tough, but once it's done,
you're going to wonder why you didn't do it sooner."

So I suppose I have to make the sooner happen sooner don't I? No point in prolonging the pain. ( I can see Lily-by-the-Bay wanting to do the table dance with me on this one!)

Had a great weekend though. At the scrap booking and spa weekend with 9 other women, the fun never stopped. I probably ate more carbs this weekend than I've had the past six months! Everything from home fries, scalloped potatoes, pasta, bread pudding (with custard sauce) to die for, and the rest of the food at the buffet tables. I am surprised I could get the jeans on before I left Sunday. Yoga pants are NOT just for yoga!

The six degrees of separation were more than unreal. That red thread connecting us was demonstrated through more than one example. There were connections with at least four of the women that we learned through sharing and talking as only women do. That and almost 25 pages later of photos in the book!

And my little dinner party went well too. Forgot to add the goat cheese to the salad, but ... now that means more for me! The spouse banished himself to the basement and wouldn't take any food even when I told my two helpers to offer him a dish full! What EvEr... courtesy should still count!

We had a lovely time.

And so it goes. I breathe, and start to move on. The appointments with legal counsel will need to happen.

It's gonna get interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The table is ready!!!

You are absolutely correct, the table is cleared off and ready for the dance!

"Alleluia"

I was beginning to worry that you were starting to ease into the dysfunction and accept it as the norm!!!

Thank goodness you’re seeing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is sunshine, fresh air and a new beginning. Not the light on the train, just waiting for the wreck.....

After all you've been through..., that's the pain, there will not be pain, do not anticipate it, it's the devil you know, guess what? Life will be better, the rebel and tweenie will adapt. Your friends are correct, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

There will never be a "proper or a good time" so just do it.....Breathe and call the lawyer and breathe again.......

Lily in the Bay

Anonymous said...

(smile) Thanks Lil!
yep... Sigh... I know. But whatta waste ya know!?
Anyway, I am dealing with it and moving forward...
Stick around... more to come!
thanks for being there.
HUGS
M