Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Fourteen on the Fourteenth.



14 reasons I can let this go.

Thanks to my doctor for this one who seems to be filling in for my vacationing counsellor.

1.I got my girls to a stage where they are older and more able to vocalize and articulate how they feel in this process - always an important challenge to keep in mind on this journey.
2. I worked it baby. I worked it hard.
3. I did the counselling and tried to make changes I believed would make a difference.
4. I tried to see things from the spouse's point of view and think about what he *might want* even if he couldn't/wouldn't articulate it.
5. I have been mostly positive through this the past six years.. well okay... a few nutbar mements... but they were good ones!
6. I have been mostly trusting - until I found out about the fantasy girlfriend That kinda sent the trust factor down a few notches.
7. I have done what my faith has expected even if the teachings of my faith make things difficult. They are not insurmountable though. Even the Catholics have figured out a bad marriage should not be forever. I do not have guilt. Have gotten over guilt years ago!
8. I have been protecting my self interests even though I wanted something else.
9. I didn't think of an exit strategy until it felt as if NOTHING else was going to work.
10.I kept a positive mental attitude even when it hasn't seemed like there was ANYTHING to be positive about.
11. I didn't turn into a raging-man-hating -witch with a *BEE* There ARE a few nice ones out. They know who they are.
12. I didn't turn alcoholic. A waste of a good dram of Dalwhinnie that would be!
13. It seems I have permission to do so from everyone....... but myself.
14. It was Valentine's Day 24 years ago that my spouse proposed to me and promised to love me forever.

Yeah...
well....
WhatEvEr...

I bought the Rebel and Tweeny HUGE Hershey's kisses and dropped a load of Cadbury caramel hearts in a bowl on the kitchen table today. I will buy myself a bottle of Santa Marguerita Pinot Grigio and enjoy that with my dinner this evening.

Tell the ones you love ....that you love!

Love to all of YOU - my permission giving friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to say that I would know when it was time. I did. You will too, sweets.

love ya,
~ blondie