Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thirteen on Thursday

The spouse was preparing for some lunch potluck thing at his work. He went in search of a tin of soup. Found one tin. I said oh... I used the second tin in the sauce I made for dinner on Sunday. WELL! Hissy fit supreme. It's most fascinating watching a man have a hissy fit.
For the regular readers yo may recall he has a "thing" about "his food" A-HEM... "his food?" yeah.. right. What EvEr!

So in the spirit of ennuie and observation of male hissiness... today's Thursday 13 is

What to say when your spouse
accuses you of taking "his" can of soup from the pantry.

1 You're kidding, right?
2 Your can of soup? See no.1
3 Next time, put your name on "your" food. See no.1
4 Umm ever try an interesting concept known as
'COMM YOU NI- KA -SHUN!!!!
Maybe talk to me and tell me you have something you need for a potlluck or something, and of course, I'll leave it alone. I can improvise in the kitchen.

5 Build yourself a special pantry cupboard with a lock so that no can touch "your" special cans of soup.
6 Hide your special soup cans in the basement with your empty whiskey bottles.
7 Buy four cans of soup even if you only need two so that if someone takes one of "your" cans, there will still be an extra!
8 Ask for his forgiveness for taking "his" can of soup. See no.1
9 Rush right out and buy him another can of soup. See no. 1
10 Tell him to run out to KFC and buy some ready made gravy
11 Tell him ixnay on the gravy .... too high in carbs and fat calories, no one will want it.
12 Tell him that amateur hour is over in the kitchen and you'll help out and make gravy without the soup.
13 Roll your eyes as his hissiness increases as he stomps around the kitchen slamming pantry doors and tell him to pound sand. (Thanks Blondie!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie.

Can I borrow some of his precious soup? I need to make something.

giggle

*hugs*
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! And I thought I was bad!
M