Friday, May 25, 2007

Exile


I am on a self imposed exile from work - loooong story but suffice to say when the she-manager snapped off a couple of nasty gram emails to me and one member of my staff - an idealistic newbie who didn't need to hear the uninformed opinion of a someone who doesn't get it - I too snapped and decided I needed a break. The emails were reminiscent of notes and comments from the spousal unit and I decided that I don't need that coming at me through my life so I checked out.
For three weeks.


Around the home front things are kind of in a holding pattern until I get to see the She-barracuda. I am pretty well ready for it, but I anticipate a rather difficult time of it when things get going. I am thinking enough already! I just want to move now.

The Rebel seems to have some sort of pain - clinic doc diagnosed it as something wrong with her liver. He put her on meds and she has to get blood tests. I told the spousal unit, who seems less than concerned. Doesn't help that Rebel chooses to sleep elsewhere but home. I suspect that is a result of feeling the tension at home. A 19 year old shouldn't be having these sorts of medical complaints and I have told her to swear off booze and cigarettes too. I have to roust her out and get her to the lab for blood tests. The doc is also thinking mono.... which wouldn't surprise me.

My belief is that once things change around here she may be around more often. The sooner we get a new attitude in this home of mine the sooner Rebel may be feeling comfortable about being around the house.

I should not be bored... but I am . I really truly hate anything to do with housekeeping... HOWEVER I have been shredding and there is some satisfaction in watching all the piles and boxes of useless files disappear.

It's hot here.... over 90F/31C while in Calgary.... they had snow! And in Newfoundland where I was supposed to be it's chillin at 32F/0C brrrrr. We got this programmable thermostat that drives me mad... I can't figure out how to turn the thing off and on. But the fan that I had installed is on and the heat isn't that penetrating the house much.

Good weekend all.

Lily.... RUN ON marathon woman!
RUN ON!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time off sweetie. Use it as you are: to clean through things and to gear up for the next phase in your life.

Prayers for Miss Rebel. Sigh.

heh heh! 90° isn't hot in my land. We consider that a nice day. 115°-120°? Now THAT is hot.

The new new attitude in your house will come soon. It will be quite the relief for you all.

love and hugs,
~ blondie

p.s. Have a GREAT run, Lily!

Calories and Coffee said...

Wow. No work for three weeks. What are you going to do with yourself? Come for a visit? ;)

Annie said...

Cleaning is so cathartic, once you really get into it. I hope Rebel's ills aren't serious.....{{M}}

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, it was great talking with you yesterday, take care of that cold!!

Enjoy your visit at home, it will be hard sorting and tossing but I'm sure much needed. We will get together once you are back in town! I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks too for the congrats on the run! Thank you too Blondie, I appreciate the kudos! The old chick ran the 1/2 in 2:34:43, I'm thrilled.

Going home will be good for you M, hopefully Tweeney will smarten up, but maybe a little run in with authority maybe exactly what she needs. You go with that. I don't understand spousal unit (as if I ever would)....at fourteen, Tweeney should be under house arrest. I know I was.

Rebel may / hopefully realize that health is an issue, one that should be taken seriously....let's hope....

Hang in there, you're on the upswing.....really!!!

Love you tons,
Lily